• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The economics of Heritage / Comiclink / comic connect

3 posts in this topic

(posted in the wrong section - should have posted here)

Ok, so when it comes to the big auction houses, I'll admit, I'm a newb.

Just won my first heritage in a long while and when the invoice came in, was shocked at the final price. Between the BP, sales tax and shipping and handling, my final was about 35% higher than my winning bid.

So for myself and the rest of the newbs, was curious if some of the more experienced buyers / sellers can break down the costs of buying and selling for a regular joe on the auction sites is.

As a Buyer for Heritage:

Winning Bid

+20% BP

+shipping handling ($17+?)

+sales tax (in my case 10.25%)

Final sales price

How would it look for comic connect / comic link? Just winning bid + shipping or add on sales tax?

Also what do the economics look for selling? Assuming you are a regular joe.

Buyer:

Heritage:

Hammer Price+BP (19.5% of Hammer Price)+Shipping and Handling (depends on value of piece and type of item. Art generally runs about $12 bucks in handling) + Sales Tax if you are shipping to one of the states they have offices in (NY, Texas, Cali etc)

Comic Connect:

Hammer Price+Shipping and Handling (Costs vary by piece) +Sales tax if you are in NY.

Comic Link:

Hammer Price +BP (3% of Hammer Price) + Shipping and Handling (depends on value of piece)+ Sales Tax if you are in Maine.

Selling:

Heritage:

10% of Hammer Price

Comic Connect:

10% of Hammer Price

Comic Link:

10% of Hammer Price

ComicLink is very buyer friendly with no 'buyer's premium' added (technically they have a 3% buyers premium that is waived if you pay by check, money order, or bank transfer making this in essence a paypal fee), and no sales tax is added unless you live in Maine or New Jersey, and shipping fees are reasonable (I paid $20 for a $400 page of artwork shipped securely in a box via FedEx).

For selling ComicLink takes 10% of the final bid price and you receive a check a few weeks later (or can apply the amount to any winning bids you may have had in the same auction).