• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DEADPOOL 2 (2017)

764 posts in this topic

WOW!

DEADPOOL 2's CinemaScore Has Been Revealed

The response to Deadpool 2 has been pretty positive (it currently holds the same Rotten Tomatoes score as Avengers: Infinity War) and while fans who didn't particularly enjoy the first instalment don't appear to be overly keen on the follow-up, it does seem to be going down extremely well for the most part. That's evident from the sequel's CinemaScore which has today been revealed to be an A

That's the same score the Merc with the Mouth generated in 2016 with his first movie and it's said that it's performing particularly well with older moviegoers (the R-Rating could be to thank for that). 

:banana:

1 hour ago, kdoginohio said:

what a fun movie. needed this after infinity wars.

Yup. Good to watch two in a row with contrasting styles, and variety.

Edited by Ken Aldred

This movie is super fun. SO many jokes I couldn't keep track of them all. Another smash hit! I love the cameos. Loved the mid credits.

Next week Solo!

So is this good news?  Deadpool had a target of $130M - $150M so unless something drastic happens it will miss.  Obviously the weekend pulled in huges $$$ but estimates have been on a downward trend.

With all the huge $$$ being pulled in from movies lately it's hard to determine what's considered a success(shrug).

Although it missed the domestic box office estimate (we'll see what final numbers come out as tomorrow), here is how it is being summarized by Box Office Pro and Box Office Mojo. The very strong CinemaScore, International Box Office results and worldwide total all come up as a win.

BOX OFFICE MOJO: 'Deadpool 2' Launches with Over $300 Million Worldwide

Even though Deadpool 2 didn't deliver a record opening domestically for an R-rated movie it still captured a few record of its own as well as delivered a couple studio records en route to an impressive $301.3 million worldwide debut. Meanwhile Avengers: Infinity War continued it's impressive run becoming the fourth largest global release of all-time while Paramount's Book Club and Global Road's Show Dogs delivered on expectations in their attempts at counter-programming against the pair of superhero features.

Early indications were that Deadpool 2 would deliver a record opening for an R-rated film after bringing in a pair of R-rated records with $18.6 million from Thursday previews and a $53.3 million opening day. However, it wasn't able to maintain that momentum, finishing with a still impressive $125 million estimate for the three-day, which is enough to become the second largest R-rated opening ever behind the original's $132.4 million debut two years ago and just ahead of the $123.4 million opening for It last September. The debut is also the second largest Fox opening of all-time, also behind the original Deadpool.

The film scored a strong "A" CinemaScore and actually skewed just a bit older than the first one which played to an audience of which 53% were 25 years or older vs. 62% for the sequel. Deadpool 2 pretty much matched the first along gender lines, playing to an audience that was 61% male and 39% female.

Looking ahead, with the Memorial Day weekend upcoming it will be interesting to see how things pan out as Deadpool 2 will still have some competition from Avengers: Infinity War, which we'll get to in a second, as well as the release of Solo: A Star Wars Story debuting in over 4,200 locations. If it can hold its own over the holiday weekend it could push to a domestic run over $300 million, especially given it won't be until early July that audiences get a new superhero movie in Ant-Man and the Wasp (7/6).

Deadpool's success doesn't end there as it debuted in 81 markets internationally and brought in an estimated $176.3 million, a record overseas debut for Fox International, topping the $174 million for X-Men: Days of Future Past, which was aided by $38.3 million in China. The original Deadpool didn't play in China until finally premiering last month at the Beijing International Film Festival, and, at this time, the sequel doesn't have a release date scheduled for the Middle Kingdom. Additional highlights from the film's international roll-out include record breaking openings for Fox in Mexico ($10m), India ($6.29m), Indonesia ($4.7m), Thailand ($3.4m), Vietnam ($2m) and Chile ($1.9m).

BOX OFFICE PRO: ‘Deadpool 2’ Blasts Into No. 1 with $125M

Deadpool 2 reigned supreme this weekend at the North American box office, dethroning three-time champ Avengers: Infinity War with a sizzling $125 million debut. While it’s an impressive opening, the R-rated superhero sequel came in at the lower end of expectations and failed to unseat its predecessor for the title of top R-rated opening of all time in North America.

From its opening day, the 20th Century Fox release was already making its way into the record books. Its Thursday night preview gross of $18.6 million was the highest-ever for an R-rated film (and only a shade behind more family-friendly blockbusters like The Avengers and Jurassic World), and its gross on Friday was also the highest R-rated opening day take in history, topping It‘s $50.4 million (as well as the first Deadpool‘s $47.3 million). The film’s take was boosted by an enormous screen count of 4,349, a record for both an R-rated movie and 20th Century Fox.

As standalone superhero sequels go, Deadpool 2 is somewhat unusual in that it it grossed less than the first film did in its opening weekend. It’s more typical for such sequels to surpass the opening weekend of their predecessor take by a significantly wide margin, which suggests the first Deadpool did a fantastic job of wooing its core fanbase out of the gate the first time around (and obviously they liked the results, as they mostly ended up coming back for more).

Deadpool 2 was certainly helped along by positive critical notices (it currently stands at an 84% “Certified Fresh” rating, about even with the first film), the studio’s clever, no-holds-barred marketing campaign, and excellent word-of-mouth (the Cinemascore is an “A” and its Rotten Tomatoes audience rating is 85%). That said, it was more frontloaded than the first entry, dropping a sizable 24 percent from Friday to Saturday as opposed to Deadpool‘s 10 percent. It will be interesting to see how Deadpool 2 holds up in its sophomore frame, particularly with Solo: A Star Wars Story set to drop next weekend.

7.5 out of 10. Would say Deadpool #1 was better with it's abundance of in-jokes even though the middle credits bonus /preview nailed it. Glad Cable had more dialogue and choice spcl FX :cool: than Thanos. Don't think I saw a Stan Lee cameo although this is a Fox Studios movie instead of Marvel Entertainment.

Very funny movie, I really enjoyed it but not as much as the first one though which is odd because I typically like as many characters as possible. 

Spoiler

Too many long winded speeches by DP. I get it, Merc with a mouth but he got up on the soapbox a little too much. The kid (firefist), uggh....I knew he wouldn't die but I so wanted him too. That kid was a HORRIBLE actor and annoying af. Wasn't very convincing every time he would get angry and go firefist mode which was all the time pretty much. I kinda figured out it was Juggy once they showed BTC but that was pretty awesome to see him. Helmet could have been done a bit better though, didn't like the steel helmet but him versus Colossus was awesome. The scene with all the X-men hiding was PERFECTLY done! 

Weasel was funny as usual and blind all was hilarious. A little too many political jokes against the right and calling Cable a racist every 5 minutes got old as well. The Canada jokes were well timed and RR can get away with it since he's from there. All in all I laughed a lot so definitely a good movie but was a lot more campy then the first one.

Turns out the B*** P*** appearance wasn't the only A-list actor they slipped into the movie. I just never realized that was the person giving the speech about the use of quality toilet paper.

The A-list cameo everyone is missing in 'Deadpool 2' (SPOILERS)

Spoiler

The Ocean’s Eleven presence is strong in Deadpool 2.

Brad Pitt’s blink-and-miss cameo as X-Force recruit the Vanisher has already been out in the ether in the weeks leading up to the film’s release, but Team Deadpool managed to do the unthinkable in an era of spoiler posters and Easter egg listicles: They slid another A-list Ocean’s actor into the movie, and no one who’s seen it has seemed to notice.

Along with Alan Tudyk (whose cameo was outed by the simple fact that he’s listed on IMDb), Matt Damon appears in the film as one of the rednecks engaging in a “toilet paper manifesto” when Josh Brolin’s time-traveling Cable turns up to steal their truck.

“He’s not hidden like Waldo for just an instant; he gets some good screen time,” said Rhett Reese, who stopped by Yahoo Studios with his co-writer, Paul Wernick.

Damon is actually listed in the credits as Dickie Greenleaf (his character’s name in The Talented Mr. Ripley) — which was spotted by film journalist Russ Fischer earlier this week, the only public acknowledgment of Damon’s possible involvement.

Too funny!

55 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Turns out the B*** P*** appearance wasn't the only A-list actor they slipped into the movie. I just never realized that was the person giving the speech about the use of quality toilet paper.

The A-list cameo everyone is missing in 'Deadpool 2' (SPOILERS)

Reveal hidden contents

The Ocean’s Eleven presence is strong in Deadpool 2.

Brad Pitt’s blink-and-miss cameo as X-Force recruit the Vanisher has already been out in the ether in the weeks leading up to the film’s release, but Team Deadpool managed to do the unthinkable in an era of spoiler posters and Easter egg listicles: They slid another A-list Ocean’s actor into the movie, and no one who’s seen it has seemed to notice.

Along with Alan Tudyk (whose cameo was outed by the simple fact that he’s listed on IMDb), Matt Damon appears in the film as one of the rednecks engaging in a “toilet paper manifesto” when Josh Brolin’s time-traveling Cable turns up to steal their truck.

“He’s not hidden like Waldo for just an instant; he gets some good screen time,” said Rhett Reese, who stopped by Yahoo Studios with his co-writer, Paul Wernick.

Damon is actually listed in the credits as Dickie Greenleaf (his character’s name in The Talented Mr. Ripley) — which was spotted by film journalist Russ Fischer earlier this week, the only public acknowledgment of Damon’s possible involvement.

Too funny!

I totally did not see MD under all of that.

14 minutes ago, the blob said:

I totally did not see MD under all of that.

Me neither. That is just fantastic. So now he has been in two superhero movies.

"You can't stop him. He's the Juggernaut. You can't stop this motherf*cker."    "holy sh*t balls"

My son's half gallon size cup of sprite almost came out through his nose when they started playing this.

16 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Don't think I saw a Stan Lee cameo although this is a Fox Studios movie instead of Marvel Entertainment.

He appeared as an Easter egg rather than actually showing up.

I think that might be the way to go in future movies.  The man can't live through phase 4 of the MCU...or can he(shrug)?