• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are comics addictive?

75 posts in this topic

I met a guy recently, in his mid 40's who lives in his apartment alone. He's a mechanic and right after work, he says he goes home to his comics. No girlfriend, no huge savings (other than his comics), and not many friends.

I can't figure out if he prefers comics over... people or if his obsessive hobby keeps him from having a life outside of comics. I guess as long as he's happy that's all that matters but I can't help thinking he could be happier.

People suck, I have no patience for them. I'm 36, and after my job in customer service, I come home to a wonderfully quiet house as well :P

Tell me... in that quiet house of yours, can you hear lambs... crying?

I met a guy recently, in his mid 40's who lives in his apartment alone. He's a mechanic and right after work, he says he goes home to his comics. No girlfriend, no huge savings (other than his comics), and not many friends.

I can't figure out if he prefers comics over... people or if his obsessive hobby keeps him from having a life outside of comics. I guess as long as he's happy that's all that matters but I can't help thinking he could be happier.

Thank you for the third person self confessional !! :/

Even when you're trying to allude to me, you still get your facts buggered up lol

Keep reaching, true believer (thumbs u

People suck, I have no patience for them. I'm 36, and after my job in customer service, I come home to a wonderfully quiet house as well :P

Do you hear lambs crying?

Nah, that's just him at bedtime :shy:Hope no one asks how I know that

Nah, that's just him at bedtime :shy:Hope no one asks how I know that

I won't ask. I'll just assume a second date won't be happening.

Even when you're trying to allude to me, you still get your facts buggered up lol

I swear I wasn't alluding to you and this is not how I think of you. I actually did meet this guy... Does this mean we're talking again?

I swear I wasn't alluding to you and this is not how I think of you. I actually did meet this guy... Does this mean we're talking again?

OH I dunno, you going to make another man crush thread? I might consider it

Having an interest in someone and and having a crush are two different things. You're holding the cards... no crush thread unless you want me to.

Having an interest in someone and and having a crush are two different things. You're holding the cards... no crush thread unless you want me to.

So you are admitting you have a crush on me?

Depends on what you mean by crush. I think you're very different than me, which is intriguing and I love your responses. It feels genuine and you come off as being really cute.

Depends on what you mean by crush. I think you're very different than me, which is intriguing and I love your responses. It feels genuine and you come off as being really cute.

Verified. Vger has a crush on me.

who-needs-facebook-or-twitter-already-following-you-mb.jpg

I think I am addicted to the "thrill of the hunt". Why else would a normal sane person get up at 3:00 AM and go out into the cold to hunt junk with a flashlight?

The "chase" is much more fun than the piece it'self...

+1

You two should just get a room and get it over with.