• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #247 - Grade???

9 posts in this topic

Action247_108677_zpsjruabyux.jpg

Action247_108677b_zpsc0alunrp.jpg

I just picked up this book and was wondering what grade you think it might receive if I were to CGC it. (also why you think it would receive said grade).

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

1zgb6ag.jpg[/img]

First off thanks to Ankurj and Comicjack for their thoughts.

Given, I do not claim to be an expert grader, my only hope is to compare the book to something similar.

Given the two people who have offered their thoughts so far have come in at 6.0 and 6.5, I am attaching a photo of a 6.0 and 7.0 for comparison. Sorry, I don't own a CGC 6.5 to offer up as comparison. I also apologize for my poor photography skills. The initial photo in this thread was provided to me via the seller (a respected dealer and board member). The other two books were photographed with my phone (and thus the details may be harder to discern).

I welcome anyone else who would offer up a grade. I am trying to decide if I should bother to send this into CGC (something I rarely do). If the consensus comes in at 6.0 to 6.5, I don't think I will waste my time.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, grades, reasons for grade assigned.

when scanning white back covers its a good idea to put a piece of contrasting paper behind it. it makes it easier to see the edges of the book in the scan. (thumbs u

when scanning white back covers its a good idea to put a piece of contrasting paper behind it. it makes it easier to see the edges of the book in the scan. (thumbs u

Thanks for the tip.

I need to get a better scanner. At this point I photograph books and most of the time the flash from my phone or iPad reflect off the plastic and ruins the shot.

The original photo (or scan) in this thread was provided to me by the seller.

I tried saving and blowing up the 2 slabbed books but the resolution is too low to see them clearly.

Based on the book in question, I agree with the 6.5 mostly because of the LLC which has the spider creases on the front and looks a bit scrunched on the back. Still quite a nice copy. I'd just put it in a Mylite2 with a fullback and enjoy it... (thumbs u

I'm going to say that it can come back 7.0 if pressed. Yes the lower left corner is the main detractor, but it not a large area of damage. Looking at the back, upper and lower spine, seems to have some crinkles that can be minimized with a press. Yes there are some color breaking spine creases seen in front, but they're not that long (based on low resolution scan). Minor color break crease on upper, right cover. I don't see any spine splits, tears, or long CBC.