• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dell Lone Ranger #1 9.8

38 posts in this topic

I'm a big fan of the LR, especially the classic TV show and the comics and other forms of merchandising. Couldn't afford a number one and I don't know if the comic and character has legs. He's a cultural icon from another era

Back in the late 1990s, Clayton Moore made a personal appearance at a book store in Studio City. I got there early only because I had to work later that day. Well, the line snaked around an entire city block just for the chance to have him sign a copy of his memoir. Clayton Moore was very gracious and signed not only my copy of his book but a Lone Ranger comic. Both are prized possessions.

Also, his star on the HWOF is the only star that has the name of the character most associated with him. Quite a tribute!

Used to belong to a friend of mine.

Tanto?

registry user/ebay seller : iecarus (Stewart W.)

I'm glad I was not offered it......it would have been too hard to say no I'm afraid!! I have drooled over it all day and still am! :cloud9:

Definitely am familiar with iecarus's books here and on the Bay of E (worship)

Paging tth2

Nope, my Lone Ranger collection is being disassembled. Seems like every time I start disassembling a run, a book I've been after for a while suddenly appears. :pullhair:

Anyways, I hope the seller finds a decent market for the book.

Can I ask you all why a book that appears to have obvious foxing/tanning along the top edge rates a 9.8? It is a beautiful book, and quite likely the nicest in existence, but that stuck out to me.

Can I ask you all why a book that appears to have obvious foxing/tanning along the top edge rates a 9.8? It is a beautiful book, and quite likely the nicest in existence, but that stuck out to me.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Aside from the foxing, the lower left corner is a little bit rough. It should be no higher than 9.4 imo, although it's still a very nice copy.

Broke the $10K barrier (with the BP)! :o

I guess there ARE other Lone Ranger collectors! :ohnoez:

23479286406_d05e2cfd5c_c.jpg

I have been a fan of the Lone Ranger for over sixty years but I wonder whether the earlier Four Color comics have increased in value too. I've tried to buy number 1 several times but always outbid. I wonder why they didn't start the numbering with the Four Color issues like they did for Donald and Mickey. hm