• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think I might have sold my first book on consignment...

26 posts in this topic

congratulations. Did Doug get around to posting your book a few weeks ago? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No, this book has been on consignment since August or September I believe. I kept getting little nibbles until it was finally nibbled up to a price that I was satisfied with.

I have several books with Doug right now, but this is the first book that has been sold. yay.gif

Nice! takeit.gif

Looks like a 9.4 from here. confused.gif

I never called for grader's notes, but I think it has some wear on the bottom edge of the cover.

Yeah, I think I see it now.

From the middle left to the dead center along the bottom. frustrated.gif

Nice looking copy and nice price. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I have had lots of success selling on Pedigree Comics, and it appears that I sold 11 books yesterday, that were listed the night before. acclaim.gif

Wow, were they DCs?

Still have that HoM 137 in CGC 9.4? cloud9.gif

Nice looking copy and nice price. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I have had lots of success selling on Pedigree Comics, and it appears that I sold 11 books yesterday, that were listed the night before. acclaim.gif

Congratulations! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Doug has been extremely friendly and helpful in my consignements. All my e-mails are returned in under 24 hours.

It is odd though, how some people don't check PedigreeComics for books. For example, there is a CGC 9.0 Tales of Suspense #63 for sale on ComicLink for $460 and a current bid of $400.

I have the same book, with the same grade, and same PQ listed on PedigreeComics for $370 and the current bid is $325. My book is not as nice as the one on ComicLink, but the current bid for that one is nearly 25% higher than mine. confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't know what the GPA is for this particular book, but when I priced it, I thought it would be a quick sale. I don't know if maybe the bidding price for the ComicLink TOS is a high abnormality, or mine is a low abnormality. confused-smiley-013.gif

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice looking copy and nice price.

I have had lots of success selling on Pedigree Comics, and it appears that I sold 11 books yesterday, that were listed the night before.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, were they DCs?

Still have that HoM 137 in CGC 9.4?

They were the Atlas books he put up. He kind of ribbed me because most were only 8.0 or 8.5, but I told him, once you check the census, you'll see that more then half are the highest graded copy. blush.gif

And I still have that HOM #137 in CGC 9.4. I'm probably going to put it on Pedigree Comics next week as I have some more books to put on Doug's site.

...on Pedigree Comics

Now all I have to do is wait for the check to arrive. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

My first ever, I have had it listed since August of 2004.

TOS-80-92.jpg

Dude nice book. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It was so nice I bought it and actually showcased it in the "have a cigar" section in the Comics General section yesterday. yay.gifthumbsup2.gif Fantastic copy at a great price, I had to do a double take as I thought it had to be sold and couldn't believe it was still available at that price. Certainly looks better than most 9.4 copies I have seen with those sharp corners and white pages. cloud9.gif Its an old label so I will probably resub this once I have had a chance to review it a little more closely.

Can't say enough good things about dealing with Doug on both the buy and sell side.

Steve,

What do you have for sale? I'm looking for the odd later issue TOS/TTA in 9.2 and other stuff depending on what grabs my attention. The 9.2's are so much cheaper and still look great. I'm so glad I didn't sell my TTA #100 9.4 and #98 9.6.

Sorry, I don't have any TTA's or TOS's in 9.2 at the moment. I'm actually fairly low on Marvel books that I'm selling as I trying to finish SA runs of four titles.

Doug should be putting more good stuff on his site over the next few weeks as he said he has lots of consignments coming in.

Good Luck.

It was so nice I bought it and actually showcased it in the "have a cigar" section in the Comics General section yesterday. yay.gifthumbsup2.gif Fantastic copy at a great price, I had to do a double take as I thought it had to be sold and couldn't believe it was still available at that price. Certainly looks better than most 9.4 copies I have seen with those sharp corners and white pages. cloud9.gif Its an old label so I will probably resub this once I have had a chance to review it a little more closely.

Can't say enough good things about dealing with Doug on both the buy and sell side.

Glad you snagged it. thumbsup2.gif

I was surprised it didn't sell earlier. Someone actually bid on it before for $120. I countered with $130, but they turned it down. Then a week later or so, your bid came in. confused-smiley-013.gif

Glad you snagged it. thumbsup2.gif

I was surprised it didn't sell earlier. Someone actually bid on it before for $120. I countered with $130, but they turned it down. Then a week later or so, your bid came in. confused-smiley-013.gif

shy.gif Ah you got me again, that was my bid. I have been going over and over my want list trying to narrow down key purchases but I couldn't pass this book up. thumbsup2.gif