• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EsquireComics.Com Looking For Consignments - Lowest Commession Of 7%!!

19 posts in this topic

news.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gif

I am pleased to announce that my site www.EsquireComics.com goes live this Friday, April 1, 2005. Many of you have hopefully seen the two full page ads I have in the 35th Overstreet Guide (BTW, I'd love to hear what people thought about them). There will be some additional significant publicity surrounding the unveiling of the site.

Therefore, I wanted to officially announce that I am looking for books to place on the site through consignment. I have a niche inventory, which is primarly HG Platinum, Golden and Atomic Age books. I am also looking for very early Silver Age books pre-1963.

As part of my grand opening, I am currently offering, as far as I know, the LOWEST consignment fee that exists anywhere!!!! Just a mere 7% of the sale price will be assessed as a seller's commission. At some point in the future this will likely be modified to a sliding scale based on the sales price of the book. I do not charge a buyer's commission and there are no hidden fees.

Compare that to some of my colleagues (note: in no way should this comparison be construed as a criticism of either the seller or their professionalism. Indeed, I recommend you try all of them):

Heritage Comics 15% sellers & 15% buyer's commission

FlyingDonut.Com 25% sellers commission (note: this fee is for full service e-bay sales)

Metropolis 10% seller's commission

ComicLink 10% sellers commission

Pedigree Comics 8 % seller's commission

Unlike any other dealer/seller I know of, I do NOT require exclusivity. That means you are free to post your book anywhere else you like. However, the one caveat is that you must maintain an identical price.

I strongly prefer CGC graded books for consignments, unless it is a book valued at $1,000.00 or greater. For CGC books, there is no minimum price though there may be a grade requirement.

I should also note that I have absolutely no objection to consigned books that have been restored/pressed. However, I require full disclosure of any known enhancement to a book. That would also include work undertaken to the book to remove restoration.

If you wish to discuss consignment opportunities, please contact me at either (202) 498-0011 or EsquireComics@aol.com.

Do you allow lots? like a high grade run of something?

Sure, that is not a problem. Any arrangement can be made, whether the sale would be of a specific book, a group or a run. It is more the era of the book and the grade that controls the criteria for consignment to my site. Send me an e-mail or call me to discuss.

Thanks for asking! thumbsup2.gif

Anyone else have questions? poke2.gifpopcorn.gif

It is more the era of the book and the grade that controls the criteria for consignment to my site.

So Mark, you're telling us that if we don't have or want 9.9 books from before 1960, we shouldn't bother? poke2.gif

Excuse me, I have clearly said 1963! makepoint.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifflowerred.gif

And I don't discriminate against 9.8s either! My gosh, do I need to spell this out multiple times. 27_laughing.gif

Seriously, send me your possible consignment list and I will gladly consider them all! thumbsup2.gif

Will u be taking vintage original comic book artwork on consignment in the near future? gossip.gif

Sure, I would definitely be interested in doing so.

And you really should sell back to FlyingDonut the X-Men Annual 3 splash. headbang.gif

Dan, you can give me my $10 at the next Tysons Show. stooges.gif

Mark,

Need to see more Timely, Atlas and Marvel's on your site. poke2.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I agree 100%!! I am already out on the prowl.

People consign me your Timely, Atlas and Marvel's PLEASE!!! hi.gif

I do have a couple of very HG ECs, and a couple of nice TOSs that should be up for the unveiling on Friday, if not shortly afterwards. 893applaud-thumb.gif