• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Lee Dark Knight III 1:5000--Help Please

10 posts in this topic

I currently hold 2 of the 40 books that JL cover sketched and signed. One has been graded by the CGC as a 9.8 but not given the SS classification. The other book has not yet been graded but is in mint condition.

Here's my question, I know JL signed both these books but I don't have pics of him doing so and nor was there an authorized signature series agent present. Is there any way I can get the one book that has already been graded converted into an SS and the other book that has yet to be graded to be graded as an SS?

Thank you for any input you may have.

The Turk.

I currently hold 2 of the 40 books that JL cover sketched and signed. One has been graded by the CGC as a 9.8 but not given the SS classification. The other book has not yet been graded but is in mint condition.

Here's my question, I know JL signed both these books but I don't have pics of him doing so and nor was there an authorized signature series agent present. Is there any way I can get the one book that has already been graded converted into an SS and the other book that has yet to be graded to be graded as an SS?

Thank you for any input you may have.

The Turk.

you bought the bat armor batman green label didn't you?

and to answer your q's, probably not. click this link Sig Series FAQs see first q.

oh yeah and welcome to the boards

You are correct. That is one of the ones I have. I totally love the bat armor....it's beast.

Yes I love that sketch, congrats man. I drooled over that one. Easily the best one out of the ones I've seen, IMO.

Yep - echo - if the book is already signed (which it obviously is), there is no legit way to get a yellow label. Even if you had video documentation and Jim Lee showed up an attested to the fact that it is his signature, unless a witness it there for the signing, it's a green label.

So here's my next question: I have 2 of the books. The one we've been discussing was CGC graded and as you've explained, that book cannot be a SS book. My question is about the other book that is signed by JL but not yet graded. If I have him sign the book again with CGC present, will that book then qualify as a SS book?

As per the CGC website:

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/label_description.asp

NEW SIGNATURE QUALIFIED LABEL

"Applied to a comic book that has been signed by someone of significance to the comic, and also exhibits a qualifying defect or unwitnessed signature. For example, if a comic book missing a page is signed by Stan Lee under direct observation of a CGC representative, the book will be graded as if the page was not missing, and given the Qualified Signature Series label with a notation of the missing page on the label. Another example is if Stan Lee signed a high grade comic book under direct observation, but the cover also exhibited a signature not observed by a CGC representative. Stan Lee's witnessed signature (Signature Series) and the other signature (Qualifier in high grade) would result in a Qualified Signature Series label."

Does CGC still offer the opinion of receiving a pure yellow label with the unwitnessed signature counting against the grade?