• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ordering direct from E Gerber

55 posts in this topic

Has anyone been able to do this successfully? Whenever I call I either:

A) get immediately put on hold by a surly receptionist

B) leave a voicemail that is not returned

C) nobody answers

Am I having bad luck, or is this place in shambles?

Welcome to the Boards!

To give Blowie a break, here's one of many previous threads on the subject.. Maybe OldGuy will chime in and mention how they wanted to charge him for international shipping since he lives in New Mexico.

Some folks have no problem ordering from them, but if I were you, I would just call HotFlips. The supplies will usually be en route within 24 hours, if not the same day. As always, call them. Shipping calculator on their website poops.

C) nobody answers

my recent ordering experience has been exactly as you mentioned.

I called multiple times before anyone actually answered since I am calling from Canada the "outside USA" line has no message system so the phone just rings and rings. Called again on the 3rd day and someone finally answered and whoever I spoke to was not pleasant to deal with at all but she took my order of 2500 mylars and told me someone would call me back with a quote that included the shipping and I have never received a call back.

I patiently waited for several days for the call that never came ( still hasn't ) and I decided to order from another supplier. The new supplier ( Bags Unlimited ) had to wait a week before they could ship, but they have shipped and I will have them in hand on Thursday.

You are all lucky I am in Europe and the boards they send me come bent and nowhere will send me any if i ask them to check some saying that when they send them to me a slight atmosphere change may warp them so they can't risk sending that they won't arrive bent.

I send a fax when ordering from E Gerber. If there is a problem, they will call you.

Additionally, I asked a question via email and got a more or less immediate response.

I did once. Shipping ate my lunch. I order from HotFlips. Easier and you can reach out here if you need to.

:lol: shipping is cheap using E Gerber to the west coast....., since it's a flat rate - thanks for the subsidy!! :lol:

I used to buy from him directly but that was quite a few years ago. As i recall his operation back then was technically challenged and I eventually just started dealing with other people out of convenience.

I actually appreciate the old school of the operation. I fax in an order form and 5 days later, I get my stuff.

I have always ordered from them direct by calling them.

When I call, I always immediately get put on hold by that same surly woman....so, I just wait on hold...she eventually comes back, takes my order over the phone, and my stuff shows up within a week or so.

I guess the key to this approach is actually waiting on hold until she comes back lol ...she always does...eventually....

C) nobody answers

I've never ordered from Gerber directly.

Called them up once for price quotes and their prices on a case of Mylites2 + case of Full Backs were MORE than Hot Flips.

That literally makes no sense.

Just order from Hot Flips, they ship quickly and their prices are good.

It's not difficult. Call, get put on hold by surly woman. Wait for surly woman to get to you. If you ordered before, they already have your info so just tell the surly woman what you want. Wait a week if you live on the west coast. Stuff magically appear at your doorstep. Surly.

I have ordered from them. Closest thing I had to a problem was I wanted to pick up when I was going to the Baltimore Comic Con - that "surly woman" wasn't sure it would be ready on time, and kept saying something like "so do you want to order or not?" When she finally got it straight I DID want to order but ONLY if it would be ready for my pickup, she said she would check and call me back.

She did, and they could, and I picked up no problem.

As for pricing, I don't understand those who are saying Hot Flips is cheaper. Hot Flips is great, but when I've priced their E. Gerber products against buying direct, it's always been cheaper from E. Gerber, even including the shipping charges, particularly in bulk.