• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

100% Positive Feedback?

36 posts in this topic

The nature of your curiosity in asking the question is the exact reason I'm sure E-Bay put that percentage in there...a lot of people would focus on a few negatives or neutrals, even if they paled in comparison to the number of positives. So they're now having us focus on the percentage.

Makes perfect sense. They likely did it to make their PowerSellers happy who have thousands of positives but only a few negatives.

I mostly agree with you. I wouldn't think twice about buying from the seller I used as an example. But if a baseball card seller with 5,000 feedback and only ten negs get's those ten negs from the ten comics he sold then i'm not buying any comics from him. I guess my point is % is good, but it shouldn't stop someone from looking at a sellers negs and seeing what they were for.

I'm at 99.8% positive - the one unwarranted neg I got last night dropped me from 99.9% to 99.8%. Pretty amazing - one neg drops me a full tenth of a point.

Hey OG,

Neutrals are not factored into the percentage rating. It's the # of positives divided by the # of positives & Negatives. It seems like ebay rounds the percentage off to the nearest 10th of a percentage which explains his 100% rating crazy.gif

"I guess my point is % is good, but it shouldn't stop someone from looking at a sellers negs and seeing what they were for. "

When ebay first emailed powersellers giving us the heads up on this new feedback rating system. They also asked for suggestions...I remembered the URL you gave us which searched negs and neutrals and replied to ebay suggesting that they integrate something of that sort into their feedback system. grin.gif That would be awesome!

Dogg,

Are you sure about this?

Seems like logically the correct math should be the positives divided by ALL feedback, including the neutrals.

For example: 80 unique positives, 10 negs, 10 neuts should equal a rating of 80 instead of 88.8 going by your formula.

Not a big deal, since for most people neuts are few and don't factor in much. But in dealing with math, precision is vital, dammit!! tongue.gif

Rick

They are calculated like this:

(Unique positives-uniq.negatives)/Unique positivesx100

So jhcomics has (5764-2)/5764x100=99,965% positive feedback.

It's so close to 100% that its naturally rounded up to 100.

Well that's enough math for me today crazy.gif

Thanks for the clarification on that. Just for the record, I wasn't the one to originally find that link. I don't remember who it was, but credit goes to them. It's a great tool.

Here is my equation:

N=negs

P=unique positives

thus: 100 - (N/P x 100) = percentage

this example: 100 - (2/5764 x 100) = 99.96

so if the equation were to equal 99.95 or lower then the percentage would probably shift to 99.9

that can't be right, because my feedback is too low then:

100-(5/3275)= 99.99847328

even counting in ALL negs its still not right

100-(7/3275) = 99.9978626

If you add in neutrals it still doesn't work

100-(30/3275) = 99.99083969

counting all negs/neutrals, still not right

100-(32/3275) = 99.99022901

curious!

You did not follow the equation correctly.

100 - (N/P x 100) = percentage

Do the equation in parenthases(sp???) first then subtract that figure from 100.... wink.gif