• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best site to buy (new) comics online?

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I have recently moved to Ireland, so I don't have an LCS (some here but not nearby and I don't care for UK editions) I am wondering if you can give me any recommendations as to what sites are good for ordering new books based on price, quality of books etc. I plan on ordering them in bunches every couple months to avoid paying a ton in shipping (they will be shipped to a U.S. address and collected when I go home to visit.)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

Has anyone had any experience with Midtown Comics? I used them recently because they had a large stock of back issues I was looking for. All books were ordered in NM condition, and upon arrival, they almost all had either multiple spine stresses, surface indentations, blunted corners, or a combination of the three. It's put me off ordering from them again, but at the same time, they are sometimes the only site I can find with specific back issues I'm looking for.

I've ordered from Midtown before, didn't have any noticeable issues. Then again, I also assume even at a LCS, comics won't look mint just from employees taking the comics out of boxes, putting them on shelves, and customers touching them.

Has anyone had any experience with Midtown Comics? I used them recently because they had a large stock of back issues I was looking for. All books were ordered in NM condition, and upon arrival, they almost all had either multiple spine stresses, surface indentations, blunted corners, or a combination of the three. It's put me off ordering from them again, but at the same time, they are sometimes the only site I can find with specific back issues I'm looking for.

They are pretty inflexible on their offers too. I've had the best experiences with WorldWide Comics and Superworld Comics. If you're looking to backfill and not too concerned about condition, NewKadia can be pretty good.