• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: low grade Cap #74 and #75

10 posts in this topic

anyone have either of these books complete and unrestored for sale? I'd consider books from Fair to VG-.

Thanks....

Fellow forumite Goldust40 (Andy Coleman of www.goldustcomics.com) has a #75 for sale in G+. I just told someone else who is a Timely revival collector about it yesterday though, so if you're going to buy you'd better act fast.

I know it is not specifically what you are looking for, but I figured I would post it just in case. Metro has a restored copy of 74 (although pricey) as well as 2 copies of 75 (though you should buy Dust's copy grin.gif)...

http://pages.metropoliscomics.com/365/PictPage/381371.html

Good luck on your hunt, 74 is one of my all-time favorite GA covers.

It seemed for a while low grade #74s were showing up on ebay with some regularity and running about $900-$1200. I know Terry of Terry's comics still has a real low grade (no back cover) copy I traded him years ago for a Lawbreakers Suspense #11 and a Gleason Daredevil #27 - I don't know if he'd be willing to sell it though - I think it's his placeholder until he finds a better copy.

I passed on a 74 recently and ended up regretting it. It's a book that I've wanted for a long time and shouldn't have shuffled my feet. I believe that Terry still does have the copy you mention. It would be an option for me as a placeholder, as well, however I wouldn't need to find one better than a G+ or VG- to be completely satisfied.