• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4 mil mylars w/ flap

77 posts in this topic

Anyone know where I can get 4 mil mylars with the closable top flap? I don't like the regular archives with the open end. Thanks for any help.

Try ComicSupply. I know they have 2 mil mylars with flaps. I enjoy them immensely. Don't know about 4 mils though. Not sure if I've seen 4 mils with flaps before.

Anyone know where I can get 4 mil mylars with the closable top flap? I don't like the regular archives with the open end. Thanks for any help.

Try ComicSupply. I know they have 2 mil mylars with flaps. I enjoy them immensely. Don't know about 4 mils though. Not sure if I've seen 4 mils with flaps before.

Those are mylites 2, which I currently use.

You are talking about the Time-Loks from BCE

Seem kinda pricey though:

Yep, those are the ones, thanks for the link. WAY too expensive. frown.gif I wonder if they would be cheaper elsewhere (kinda doubt it though). confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't think you are going to find them much cheaper if you do. Maybe 10-15% off that price if you could find it cheaper.

I have never used them, so I have no idea if they are worth the cost. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yep, those are the ones, thanks for the link. WAY too expensive. frown.gif I wonder if they would be cheaper elsewhere (kinda doubt it though). confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't think you are going to find them much cheaper if you do. Maybe 10-15% off that price if you could find it cheaper.

I have never used them, so I have no idea if they are worth the cost. confused-smiley-013.gif

I have gotten a few in random purchases and I like them. I really hate flipping through archives, they slice the [#@$%!!!] out of my fingers and always cut up the cuticles.

Your almost better off with the cost to put the comic into a mylite, then into a normal 4 mil. Then at least its closed off to air.

As long as you've got a fullback in there, doesn't really matter if you're using 1, 2, or 4 mil mylars. Gonna take some weight/pressure to bend a fullback. I could go use some of my books in mylites2 with fullbacks as frisbees and they'd be perfectly fine afterwards.

Your almost better off with the cost to put the comic into a mylite, then into a normal 4 mil. Then at least its closed off to air.

As long as you've got a fullback in there, doesn't really matter if you're using 1, 2, or 4 mil mylars. Gonna take some weight/pressure to bend a fullback. I could go use some of my books in mylites2 with fullbacks as frisbees and they'd be perfectly fine afterwards.

I think I have to agree. I recently bought some 4mil mylars and while they're handy, I think a mylite2 with a fullback for primo books does the job just fine. I too dislike the open flap on the 4mils, though i have no logical reason as to why. I suppose the OCD in me simply likes "closure." 27_laughing.gif

Ocky...Ocky...Ocky. You ARE a funny one.

You have over 1200 posts and you're trying to tell us you don't know where to get 4 mil mylars? A very clever way to throw off the shill-busters. Good old Ocky...thinks to himself "I know, I'll ask a question about mylars so they won't suspect who I am". Nice try there Ockster. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Oops...sorry...I was channeling Ze-(Chaka Jr.)-Man there for a minute. My apologies. yay.gif

I think I have to agree. I recently bought some 4mil mylars and while they're handy, I think a mylite2 with a fullback for primo books does the job just fine. I too dislike the open flap on the 4mils, though i have no logical reason as to why. I suppose the OCD in me simply likes "closure." 27_laughing.gif

thumbsup2.gif Exactly! 27_laughing.gif I couldn't stand to have mylars open like that. It may not harm the books, but it would sure bother me.

766169-bcemylar.jpg

Holy craap. Those TimeLocks scare me worse than SCS. You ever try taking $1000 book out of one of those? You'll be shaking like a dog ting razor blades. When I get a book that's in one of those I use a knife to cut it out -- safer that way.

frustrated.gif

Ocky...Ocky...Ocky. You ARE a funny one.

You have over 1200 posts and you're trying to tell us you don't know where to get 4 mil mylars? A very clever way to throw off the shill-busters. Good old Ocky...thinks to himself "I know, I'll ask a question about mylars so they won't suspect who I am". Nice try there Ockster. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Oops...sorry...I was channeling Ze-(Chaka Jr.)-Man there for a minute. My apologies. yay.gif

Touche. 27_laughing.gif That's the first post of yours that I've actually enjoyed.

766169-bcemylar.jpg

Holy craap. Those TimeLocks scare me worse than SCS. You ever try taking $1000 book out of one of those? You'll be shaking like a dog ting razor blades. When I get a book that's in one of those I use a knife to cut it out -- safer that way.

frustrated.gif

Agree 100%. The only safe way is to put the book into a 2 mil mylar and then slip THAT into the TimeLok. Talk about expensive.

But that closable flap is guaranteed to jack up at least one of your books eventually. I won't touch them.

But that closable flap is guaranteed to jack up at least one of your books eventually.

Only if you're a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point or don't pay attention to what you're doing. insane.gif

But that closable flap is guaranteed to jack up at least one of your books eventually. I won't touch them.

Why's this? Not ragging, just curious...the only problem I can see would be a tape pull, in which case that's just dumbness on the part of the collector for not removing the tape first.

Just wondering if I'm missing something and putting my books at risk? confused.gif

Why's this? Not ragging, just curious...the only problem I can see would be a tape pull, in which case that's just dumbness on the part of the collector for not removing the tape first.

Just wondering if I'm missing something and putting my books at risk? confused.gif

Buy one of those 4 mil TimeLok mylars and put a book in and then take it out. You'll see exactly what we are talking about. Tape has nothing to do with it.