• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harry's Marvel Boot Fair! ~Now closed

33 posts in this topic

Hi there. It's time for me to refocus my collecting and so I'll be selling off (hopefully) my limited Avengers, Daredevil, Captain Marvel, Strange Tales books. Plus a couple of doubles from elsewhere. First sale here so no kudos as of yet. I've started a thread here and this is my ebay seller feedback.

Payments:

PayPal only

Postage & Packing

First comic is £2 with multiple purchases combined based on weight/size of package needed. Royal Mail will be used exclusively. I will meet any extra insurance costs myself.

I will post to Europe/Canada/United States but International orders will be charged exact shipping. Please contact me for a quote.

Forgot to mention all books will be sent securely inside a 'cardboard sandwich' with Gerber backing boards and Mylite 2 bags.

Other:

I will not sell to any Hall of Shamers or anyone on the Probation list.

Return Policy:

Returns accepted within 14 days of the sale date or 28 days if posted overseas. Items must be return shipped in the same condition prior to refund.

Please ask me any questions before committing to buy.

First :takeit: in thread or PM by time stamp wins.

Avengers #11 FN+ SOLD

Lovely looking book but quite difficult to grade. Has a large number in grease pencil? on bc that's been partly erased and 5 very small spine chips (most visible on bc scan). Very light tanning to inside covers. Cream to off-white pages.

Price £88/$126

Av11fc_zpsvdqk0ojc.jpg

Av11bc_zps8yjjcuup.jpg

Avengers #13 VG

Light subscription crease. Small stain on bc. A 1" & 2" tear on page 12, there's no paper loss however. Moderate tanning to inside covers. Cream to off-white pages.

Price £17/$25

Av13fc_zpsoyg2hvrt.jpg

Av13bc_zpsdmjevovh.jpg

Avengers #15 FN

Great gloss and colours on this one but some slight tanning to the covers, more noticeable on the back. Slight moisture(?) mark on front right cover edge (near the issue number) and some colour rub on the spine. Moderate to heavy tanning on inside covers. Supple cream pages.

Price £31/$45

Av15fc_zpsblaqsj6k.jpg

Av15bc_zps8fps3m2m.jpg

lol! I've only just realised. I thought it was a typo from lizards.

Perhaps I should explain. A 'boot fair' is the English equivalent of the American flea-market, maybe even more humble, hence the title.

Avengers #17 F/VF

Again, great colours and gloss on this book. Slight tanning/shadow on the cover but the defect stopping it from getting a higher grade is a 5mm triangle out of the upper-left corner on the back cover. Moderate tanning to the inside covers. Cream to off-white pages.

Price £35/$51

Av17fc_zpsqn6a62pk.jpg

Av17bc_zpsm3hahquu.jpg

Avengers #18 VF-

Another book with great colour and gloss. Another book let down slightly by it's back cover. Some tiny stains there and ink transfer? Only very light tanning to inside covers. Off-white pages.

Price £46/$67

Av18fc_zpsiqiaaotm.jpg

Av18bc_zpsr9bjrr4v.jpg

Ok. I'll list my only slab now. No returns on this one as it's CGC graded.

Silver Surfer #14 VF Pence Copy

Lovely looking book, has a small wrinkle on the back cover which I'm presuming stops it from grading higher. Last time I looked on the census this was the highest graded (along with one other) pence copy that had been slabbed. I have it raw anyway and I like to read my comics so it's time for it to go. The case is in great condition aside from some tiny scratches. I can provide more pics of the corners if requested.

Price £105/$150

ss14_zpsdxnshnh2.jpg

SS14bc_zps4q95oylx.jpg

SS14%20top_zpsrxktvwvh.jpg

Onwards with the sale...

Avengers #21 GD/VG

Centrefold detached at bottom staple. Three pages have a 1" tear (no paper loss) and a water stain bc. Quite heavy tanning on inside covers and supple cream pages.

Price £10/$15

Av21fc%202_zpslo550tvr.jpg

Av21bc%201_zpsrg0s9ikw.jpg

Mixing it up a bit...

X-Men #8 GD+

Tape on spine (1" has lifted/been pulled on bc), 3 extra staples added. No idea why, the original staples look fine. Tape on front cover (tear seal). Light tanning on inside covers. Supple cream pages.

Price £46/$67

x8fc_zpszueiwqmm.jpg

x8bc_zpsppeiekli.jpg