• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #129

12 posts in this topic

Just curious to see what everyone thinks of the books grade. It is in a CGC Universal grade holder with off white to white pages. The book has great color, gloss and is nicely centered. I will Show the grade after I get a few replies :)

The left eye of spider man near the the top staple is not colored in black, just looks like that in the scan.

The white mark in between the middle of DE is on the slab not the book.

Amazing%20Spider-Man%20129%20CGC.png

Amazing%20Spider-Man%20129%20CGC.jpg

there's a stain on the back cover (left side) and dirt along the spine on the back cover (not to mention all the spine tics) - no way is this an 8.0 or greater.

also the pics (lack of light) make the book hard to grade.

there's a stain on the back cover (left side) and dirt along the spine on the back cover (not to mention all the spine tics) - no way is this an 8.0 or greater.

also the pics (lack of light) make the book hard to grade.

I made the scan a little darker because the white back cover a lot of the time is to bright so you cant see any of the dirt and stains.

I'd get the notes. not sure how bad the stain is (how deep it goes)

while the clean will help the back cover, if it's already been pressed it will be harder to get them out.

I'd get the notes and ask one of the professional pressers their thoughts before going that route (CPR)

The stain looks light and the book does not appear to be pressed because there are some small non color breaking creases and spine ticks on the back that would look crushed if pressed and they don't, I agree that I should get a professional to take a look before cracking.

Hi before i was registered here, i used to like visiting this section of the boards to test my grading ability. Before i scrolled down to look at the slab i guessed 7.5 - possibly an 8.0 i think after i saw the spine ticks that staple tear had me leaning towards a 7.5 but it's really hard to call sometimes. Could easily have ended up as an 8.0

If it were my book though i think i would leave it as it is as i wouldn't feel confident enough that it would achieve a higher grade, gd luck though whatever you choose to do :)

Hi before i was registered here, i used to like visiting this section of the boards to test my grading ability. Before i scrolled down to look at the slab i guessed 7.5 - possibly an 8.0 i think after i saw the spine ticks that staple tear had me leaning towards a 7.5 but it's really hard to call sometimes. Could easily have ended up as an 8.0

If it were my book though i think i would leave it as it is as i wouldn't feel confident enough that it would achieve a higher grade, gd luck though whatever you choose to do :)

Thanks for your insight :grin:

Yeah I think I will just leave it becuase its not worth it when you factor in cost to mail it, slabbing fees and return shipping. Plus Im probably never going to sell it becuase I love it too much :)