• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone used the SHYP program on eBay to mail comics?

16 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Just wondering if any one has used the new SHYP program to mail out comics they have sold on eBay.

Apparently there are two options. You can package your sold items yourself and have them just pick it up for shipping. Or you can also have them package the items after they pick them up.

What options have people used?

Have you found that they package the comics (either raw or slabbed) well? Or do they do the "let's stick the comic in an envelope and send it out" method?

And what costs have people encountered?

Just wondering.

I used it and I love it! I usually have them package everything, but I prepare my comics for it (e.g. bagging and boarding them, or wrapping them with bubble-wrap). They pick up your comics in 10-20 minutes and send you updates on the packaging, mailing, etc.

The app syncs with eBay and updates the status of the eBay listing with tracking info.

I used it and I love it! I usually have them package everything, but I prepare my comics for it (e.g. bagging and boarding them, or wrapping them with bubble-wrap). They pick up your comics in 10-20 minutes and send you updates on the packaging, mailing, etc.

The app syncs with eBay and updates the status of the eBay listing with tracking info.

Interesting.

Have you used them for only raw comics, or slabbed as well?

And what costs were incurred? Thanks.

never heard of this - do you have a link or some info?

I found out that this new program is available so far in only NYC, San Francisco, LA and Chicago.

SHYP FAQs - including a section for eBay Sellers

I removed the initial http:// from your link as it was making it fail, so the above link works now.

never heard of this - do you have a link or some info?

I found out that this new program is available so far in only NYC, San Francisco, LA and Chicago.

SHYP FAQs - including a section for eBay Sellers

I removed the initial http:// from your link as it was making it fail, so the above link works now.

Thanks, TPG! (thumbs u

I also went back into my post and fixed it.

Shyp is pure heaven. I tried it with raw comics and HCs. As said, just to be on the safe side I prepared my comics by wrapping them with bubble wrap paper.

You open the app, it shows you all items sold and paid. You click on the ones you want to ship. In 10/20 minutes a Shyp agent knocks on your door and puts each item in nice and sturdy blue bags. Shyp updates the eBay item and marks it shipped, including tracking number. Shyp charges you the exact same amount that you posted on eBay for shipping. When I tried Shyp, they had a special deal where you did not pay anything for pickup (packaging has always been free).