• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shocking !!! IMO

25 posts in this topic

huh? why is this shocking?

there's a 9.9 up (granted, that's higher than a 9.8, but seriously...) of 98 (deadbool) that's probably over $500 by now and I'll bet a nickel a lot more 98s were printed than 87s.

sure, i would never pay that much, but shocking? not really. the book was what , $75 raw 12 years ago?

there's a 9.9 up (granted, that's higher than a 9.8, but seriously...) of 98 (deadbool) that's probably over $500 by now and I'll bet a nickel a lot more 98s were printed than 87s.

9.9 #98 $480 with five days to go.

Kinda makes me glad I bought my 3 copies for .92 cents each. cloud9.gif

You got ripped. gossip.gif

Trust me, I felt that way when I bought them. crazy.gif

GPA lists the last 9.8 sell at $379.55 893whatthe.gif

A 9.8 sold for $250 in December.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33826&item=2292545219&rd=1

"isn't that from like the 90's? if so every dealer in america probably has hundreds, i know my lcs probably has 30 copies in high grade, probably charging guide for em though :P"

actually, new mutants was below 100,000 print run around issue 87 (or so rob liefield says), which back then was almost cancellation levels.

sure, that's a healthy print run by today's standards, but that particular book pre-dated the real 90s speculation insanity by a little bit.

it's not a rare book, but it's also not one where every dealer has 7 long boxes of them in the back room (unlike, let's say, x-men 1 or x-factor 1 or turok 1)

it was a book they blew out rapidly circa 1991-1995 at $20-$50 a pop and probably didn't get stuck holding too many.

unlike a #1 issue, a new unknown artist on a book on the brink of cancellation would hot have been cause for dealers to order too many extras

Unless you get a 9.9 or 10.0, there are plenty of HG copies out there. As with any current modern book. 9.8 are just not that uncommon.

Paying insane money for a current 9.8 book is just crazy. screwy.gif