• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How would you feel...

152 posts in this topic

if someone made an offer for a book you had in a sales thread, you agreed on a price, and before it was even paid for the book was listed on eBay for more than double the agreed on price? Please keep in mind I am not complaining about what they are asking, as I could have done the same thing, but the fact they are using my scan and could possibly sell a book before they completed the original transaction.

Out this azzclown

That goes beyond bad form

Right! That seems slimey to me. :P

+1

Out him ......................................................... :baiting:

What's so bad about it?

The only person that stands to lose here is the person who bought it from Joey if something happens to it before they receive it

And the scan thing, so the book is for sale, but the scan of it is yours forever?

You agreed to a deal, whatever that person does now is their business

Wait till they pay to ship it, beyond that, who cares IMO

Was it you? :baiting:

if someone made an offer for a book you had in a sales thread, you agreed on a price, and before it was even paid for the book was listed on eBay for more than double the agreed on price? Please keep in mind I am not complaining about what they are asking, as I could have done the same thing, but the fact they are using my scan and could possibly sell a book before they completed the original transaction.

Out this azzclown

+1

What's so bad about it?

The only person that stands to lose here is the person who bought it from Joey if something happens to it before they receive it

And the scan thing, so the book is for sale, but the scan of it is yours forever?

lol, no, not me

I just don't see how Joey stands to lose anything here.

To answer the thread title question

Happy that I sold my book.

Out this azzclown

+1

What's so bad about it?

When one sells a comic they don't actually have in their possession, the following issues can arise:

1. The comic may not arrive before the second buyer expects to have it in their own possession.

2. The comic may arrive damaged. Or not at all.

3. The comic may arrive with a defect or important feature not known to the first buyer until the book is in hand.

To sell an item that you don't currently have in your possession, or in the case of a consignment/auction item have ever had in your possession, is at best a poor business practice, if not outright deceitful to the second buyer of the item.

Out this azzclown

+1

What's so bad about it?

lol, no, not me

I just don't see how Joey stands to lose anything here.

To answer the thread title question

Happy that I sold my book.

It's not about Joey anymore

It's about a toolbox buyer

Out this azzclown

+1

What's so bad about it?

The seller cares (Joey)

He hasn't been paid for the item and now the buyer is already selling it - what happens if the buyer doesn't have the money to pay for it the first place and is selling it on eBay hoping to cover the cost of purchase from Joey + making an early profit as well. Doesn't Joey have the right to sell to someone who has the funds on hand and not wait for this guy who is hedging his bet?

Out this azzclown

+1

What's so bad about it?

The seller cares (Joey)

He hasn't been paid for the item and now the buyer is already selling it - what happens if the buyer doesn't have the money to pay for it the first place and is selling it on eBay hoping to cover the cost of purchase from Joey + making an early profit as well. Doesn't Joey have the right to sell to someone who has the funds on hand and not wait for this guy who is hedging his bet?

So he stipulates a time frame in which payment must be made, if it isn't, void the sale and move on.

How exactly does he stand to lose anything here?

If the buyer doesn't have the money, and is waiting for the ebay sale to pay for the book, then yes, that's BS in my opinion as well, but do we know as a fact that's what's happening here?

Out this azzclown

+1

What's so bad about it?

When one sells a comic they don't actually have in their possession, the following issues can arise:

1. The comic may not arrive before the second buyer expects to have it in their own possession.

2. The comic may arrive damaged. Or not at all.

3. The comic may arrive with a defect or important feature not known to the first buyer until the book is in hand.

To sell an item that you don't currently have in your possession, or in the case of a consignment/auction item have ever had in your possession, is at best a poor business practice, if not outright deceitful to the second buyer of the item.

All of these things could happen to books on route back from CGC (other then the last one I guess but I don't think Joey ever said the book was raw) and we seem to have no issue with this scenario.

And I wish I could afford Joey's sweet books so it wasn't me.

Out this azzclown

+1

What's so bad about it?

The seller cares (Joey)

So he stipulates a time frame in which payment must be made, if it isn't, void the sale and move on.

How exactly does he stand to lose anything here?

If the buyer doesn't have the money, and is waiting for the ebay sale to pay for the book, then yes, that's BS in my opinion as well, but do we know as a fact that's what's happening here?

Buyer listed book on Ebay

Buyer has not paid for the book

Buyer is a tool

'nuff said

I realize everyone is a BSD and a mover and a shaker these days, but I don't get the selling of books not in hand. Are these guys junkies, have bookies hunting them down, living check to check and buying stuff they can't actually pay for before they sell it?

Very few people care about flipping or how much profit anyone makes, but there's a point where it's just disrespectful and at the very least irresponsible and in this case with Joey I believe it went past that point.

I'm just waiting for the forum detectives to search some history, and post the offending purchase for all to see. :popcorn:

:whistle:

I'm getting the feeling the buyer will be along to post his/her side of things shortly......

I'm just waiting for the forum detectives to search some history, and post the offending purchase for all to see. :popcorn:

I'm getting the feeling the buyer will be along to post his/her side of things shortly......

So how about giving them the benefit of the doubt before publicly labeling them a tool?

There may very well be a set time limit between Joey and the buyer for payment that hasn't expired yet.

You are rushing to judgement without all the details.

So how about giving them the benefit of the doubt before publicly labeling them a tool?

There may very well be a set time limit between Joey and the buyer for payment that hasn't expired yet.

I like to jump in hip deep.

And honestly, I don't think there's anything the buyer could say to change my 1st impression regarding his/her level of toolness.

No one is getting outed.

No time for payment, but technically I still own the book. If it sells on eBay would I be entitled to the full amount of the sale? Could I cancel the sale and still be justified in doing so?

I asked the question because it is not sitting right with me. Once the sale is completed and the book shipped, I don't care if the owner uses it as a Frisbee, but that is not yet the case here.

How is this all that different from the dozens of sales listing posted here saying book just got graded by CGC, but isn't yet in hand.

I don't approve of either tactic, personally.

I hate those pre-sells

The difference? Those sellers actually own the books they're offering.

I won't even take scans off of C-Link or other auction sites. It seems dishonest for some reason. I like to present books that I'm selling in a completely transparent manner. The case could've picked up some scratches or the book could've also moved in transit. No one should use an old scan, IMO.

I tend to use old sellers scans when I sell cgc books I bought in the past. The reason is I dont have a good scanner for cgc books. With that said, I dont try to flip books immediately and its usually years after that I try and sell the books.

I didn't realize that this was an issue.

I tend to use old sellers scans when I sell cgc books I bought in the past. The reason is I dont have a good scanner for cgc books. With that said, I dont try to flip books immediately and its usually years after that I try and sell the books.

I didn't realize that this was an issue.

I purchased a book a few weeks ago that and the scans showed the case to be pristine but when I received the book, the sticker was half peeled off, there was leftover sticker residue stuck around the edges, and it has picked up a lot of scratches. I don't mean to say that I didn't get what I paid for but it was still a little disappointing in that it affected the presentation of the book.