• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How would you feel...

152 posts in this topic

Refund the buyer, the book is still yours, as you noted.The buyer has no right to the book, given that the book is still in your posession and payment was issued within the past day.

By the way, anyone who wants to be really CAK'd by the CAK, , follow these instructions:

1)

PM me and I'll tell you what shows I have booked, for the rest of the year.

2)

Come by my table and I will give you a cold n frosty pint of Guinness, on me.No need to buy anything.

STIPULATION:

Said Guinness will be presented only after the boardie gives consent to be whacked upside the back of his noggin with one of my double Gerber full backed Mylite2's.

3)

Down the Guinness in one gulp and get ready for a beating, faciliatated with a premiere, CAK quality Mylite2 double sheathed, doubleGerber Full Backed combo.

4)

Don't forget to say please and thank you.

I no longer am offering pressing tutorials, please accept my heartfelt apologies. lol

You really seem to want to get boardies drunk and manhandle them. I guess the next creepy step is a fire pit...

cz5zTfJ.gif

I haven't read much of the thread but I think it stinks and i'd be peeved it were my comic that I sold and had not shipped yet.

However, i'd let it go. Odds are the guy isn't getting that price for it and i'd just block him from further business.

That's how I would handle it.

True story, no embellishment. Back in the 90's sometime, before selling comics on the internet was prevalent, I received a call from a dealer offering some early Brave and Bold's and I agreed to buy a couple. That weekend, at a convention in Chicago, a dealer had a run of early Brave and Bold's. While talking to him I mentioned my purchase from the other dealer and he freaked, went ballistic. Turns out they were his books and the other dealer was shopping around his books, lining up buyers, before actually purchasing.This dealer actually still had the books I agreed to purchase from the other dealer. He was not happy. From this experience, I would say most dealers frowned upon this practice.

There is no doubt in my mind that he waited to pay Joey until after the buyer from Ebay paid him.

It sold at his ask?

No, the listing is still active.

Joey did say earlier in the thread that he's been paid for the book. He just didn't pay before it was listed on eBay.

if someone made an offer for a book you had in a sales thread, you agreed on a price, and before it was even paid for the book was listed on eBay for more than double the agreed on price? Please keep in mind I am not complaining about what they are asking, as I could have done the same thing, but the fact they are using my scan and could possibly sell a book before they completed the original transaction.

No time for payment, but technically I still own the book. If it sells on eBay would I be entitled to the full amount of the sale? Could I cancel the sale and still be justified in doing so?

I asked the question because it is not sitting right with me. Once the sale is completed and the book shipped, I don't care if the owner uses it as a Frisbee, but that is not yet the case here.

Books has been paid for. The :takeit: for the sale happened yesterday.

Here's my take on the situation here, for what it's worth.

Looks like a simple issue of timing here, with the buyer jumping the gun on his listing. Although the original transaction was not legally completed yet as no payment had yet been received, the intent was certainly already there in the form of their offer and your acceptance.

Not sure what you had meant by "no time for payment". Did you mean the buyer actually informed you that he had no time to make the payment yet, but would be making it later? This would certainly not ring true since he had the time to list the book.

I most definitely do not think you would have any right to the full amount of their subsequent listing sale on eBay. After all, their was already an offer and your acceptance on your original listing. And stealing his listing for your own benefit would be in even worse taste then them using your scan for their listing.

Looks like it is a non-issue anyways since their subsequent listing has not yet resulted in a sale and payment has now been received by you to complete the initial transaction. (thumbs u

Isn't this how those "make money fast" in real estate infommercials tell you to do it? go into contract on a foreclosure and then start the process of flipping it before you even own it?

do what you want with full disclosure (and not prohibited by law).

But if you're selling something you have no right to sell and representing it as though you do....that's fraud.

It's not fraud because there is no intent to defraud. Maybe it is not entirely honest.

JoeyP is a very honorable fellow, so at the very least you have a good faith belief that the item will be shipped as described. The buyer fully expects to get the item and be able to deliver it. This is not like selling a book on ebay using a stock photo/description and then running out to a convention and trying to find a copy to ship.

OF COURSE, you don't actually have it. A hyena could eat it in transit. If that happens I suppose you issue a refund.

I would be irritated. Mostly because I had not been paid yet and there is a chance the buyer might see money on this before I do. But if there isn't an undue delay going on with payment I'm not sure I have a logical reason to be annoyed.

Isn't this how those "make money fast" in real estate infommercials tell you to do it? go into contract on a foreclosure and then start the process of flipping it before you even own it?

You don't sell a book unless its in your possession, period. . :sumo:

anyone who thinks or says otherwise...... :boo:

Well, it's obvious you are not in the real estate market then.

It's all about the legal completion date as opposed to actual possession date which is sometimes 3 months later due to tenancy regulations or whatever. As a result, almost everyday you hear stories in the local news about how buyers are reselling or being offered much more money for their homes even before they take possession of them.

And it's not chump change we are talking about here, as it's usually hundreds of thousands of dollars involved. And if you are talking about the west side of the city, you could well be into 7 figure dollars.

Actually, the local real estate market was the first thing I thought about when I saw the original post from Joey.