• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dizzy Dames 1 guess the grade

11 posts in this topic

I just got my Dizzy Dames 1 back from CGC. Try to guess the grade. It's pretty nice. You'll have to excuse the Newton Rings. Worst flaw is that it was misaligned when it was cropped.

BTW, the comic was fairly flat when I sent it in. I sent it in for pressing. So I was kind of miffed to see the rippling at the top. I don't remember any rippling at the top when I sent it in for pressing (can pressing actually lead to rippling?)

P1110054_zpspy7zr5vo.jpg

P1110055_zpsvqmswgl9.jpg

P1110056_zpswbmy8t6f.jpg

P1110057_zpsvjspzutm.jpg

BTW, the comic was fairly flat when I sent it in. I sent it in for pressing. So I was kind of miffed to see the rippling at the top. I don't remember any rippling at the top when I sent it in for pressing (can pressing actually lead to rippling?)

Yes, if it was done improperly

CCS did the press so I'm assuming they know what they're doing. And it wasn't a "quick press".

CCS has done some great work for me in the past, so I'm pretty comfortable with them. But this Dizzy Dames and the Skeleton Hand 1 that I just had done at the same time both have rippling at the top. Maybe I'm misremembering but I didn't think they had any rippling when I sent them in.

CCS did the press so I'm assuming they know what they're doing. And it wasn't a "quick press".

CCS has done some great work for me in the past, so I'm pretty comfortable with them. But this Dizzy Dames and the Skeleton Hand 1 that I just had done at the same time both have rippling at the top. Maybe I'm misremembering but I didn't think they had any rippling when I sent them in.

Obviously, I have no way of knowing what happened or what the comics looked like before you sent them in. However, what I said was an appropriate answer to your question. Improper pressing can cause waviness. Use that or don't use that information as you see fit. Just remember, people who know what they're doing can still make mistakes.

Thanks for posting these! It's good homework/practice.

Is the top-edge rippling on the two books being caused by pressure from the slab itself, do you think?

I don't have a clue. This and Skeleton Hand 1 were sent in for pressing at the same time and these are my 1st two to come back in the new holder (which seems great by the way except for the newton rings). The rippling at the top of this one matches the rippling at the top of Skeleton Hand 1 which makes me wonder if the pressing was wonky.