• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anybody recommend some shops in the Baltimore/DC area?

52 posts in this topic

Crystal City is the closest we have around here to Soviet-era German housing. The best part, however, of Crystal City, is that you can spend days without going above ground. I worked there for a while, and you could go from your apartment to your office and always be underground. Always a bonus.

And "Geppi's Comic World" was/is owned by Steve Geppi, who now owns everything.

Welcome then Yertle - we may have to initiate you on the comic show circuit here - I love the shows at Tysons Corner and the BaltimoreCon. I'll have to attend a show in Gaithersburg and the same people host another show in Tysons Corner at the Westpark Hotel. I heard that there is a great toy/comic show in Timonium. I'll have to check out Richmond shows at one point....

Donut, I stayed in Crystal City for a few days, and I've got to say, my favorite part of the whole time spent there (granted, I spent the vast majority of my time in DC-proper) was this restaurant in the underground mall that had the most amazing chicken-fried steak! Mmmmm chicken-fried steak... It was a horrible little place, something like an Applebee's, I would think. But hey, it was ALWAYS empty and Geppi's Once Mighty Shoppe was just down the hall! harharhar

The thing that creeped me out the most about Crystal City was that I could walk out of my hotel and not even realize that the "ground" I was standing on (which extended to all the surrounding buildings) was actually just a PLATFORM on the second floor! I don't think I ever actually touched earth during my time in Crystal City.

Holy [!@#%^&^]. That should be a song. "I never touched earth during my time in Crystal City" Does anyone have Pink Floyd's number?

he pulled out a stack of 7.0 to 9.2 X-Men between #11 and #35. Hitting that store made the trip worthwhile

He must have bought that stack off someone thinking that "X" in X-Men stood for somthing else tongue.gif

Ma-nasty, VA - eh? I'm one stoplight up from Manassas (or Man's Asses, as I jokingly referred to it when I got here) - so Black Hole comics, here I come...

Ma-nasty, VA - eh? I'm one stoplight up from Manassas (or Man's Asses, as I jokingly referred to it when I got here) - so Black Hole comics, here I come...

Okay, I just can't take it any more...

Darth's hitting the Black Hole in Man's Asses?

Darth, this is MajorKhaos' mommy.

Sorry man but your mom is MomKhaos! What happened to her? She was so insightful! tongue.gif

I don't know what happened to her!

Then don't talk on her behalf. Just admit that Darth scared you and let it be! wink.gif

Dude, ANY guy wearing a leather vest and no shirt and talking to me about his various sexual perversions scares me. I won't lie. It scares me a lot. Why do you think I didn't take you up on your offer for a "free trip to Casa Greggy"???

Why do you think I didn't take you up on your offer for a "free trip to Casa Greggy"???

Dammit, I knew that I should have offered you a copy of Dark Mansion #1 instead of the crappy Green Lantern 195! smirk.gif

I'm just going to go ahead and pre-censor myself here. :x

Mental note: Never make fun of Khaos' two holy grails!

Boy, the old Khaos would have done better than that! frown.gif

Boy, the old Khaos would have done better than that!

Greggy, I've told you THREE TIMES already: "Old Khaos" is like those party lines you like to call (you know, the ones with the girls AND the boys >wink-wink<)... it's $3.95 a minute... and in your crazy Canadian currency (you draw your own money up there, right?) that would be like, $5,500.00 a second or something. You'd need to be making GMan money to afford me now!

You'd need to be making GMan money to afford me now!

Yo, wait until my next batch of books! You'll be my [!@#%^&^] yet! shocked.gif

Yo, wait until my next batch of books! You'll be my [!@#%^&^] yet!

Aren't we STILL waiting for your "next" batch of books? You know, the ones that were going to "rock the forums"? :::pats Greggy on his flat skull:::

Aren't we STILL waiting for your "next" batch of books?

Sigh....but these books aren't the cheap modern junk that get faster service! Hopefully in a month's time! smile.gif