• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cracking the new CGC case

22 posts in this topic

UPDATE to original question...

I did crack it open.

Just about the same procedure that was used on the old cases, except I started on the top where the label is. Since there is no inner " pouch " as I used to call it; the pressure from the front and back holds the book securely in place now.

This is the reason for the back of the label section to be " indented " like it is, this forms the seal for the top. But where the top label is, there is a small separation like to sides of the old cases, and a flat screwdriver will work just like before.

Once a corner is cracked, I worked down one side about 3/4 of the way, then went to the other side.

I did leave the case flat, because once the air gets inside, the book will move. There is a clear film over the top of the book; not sure what purpose that serves.

I think some people might have bad time removing the book itself, because there is no inner pouch, and the book can be easily damaged on the sides of the case if not careful.

Sorry I didn't make a video, but I'm sure there will be lots showing up on YouTube soon enough.

Hope this helps everyone

UPDATE to original question...

I did crack it open.

Just about the same procedure that was used on the old cases, except I started on the top where the label is. Since there is no inner " pouch " as I used to call it; the pressure from the front and back holds the book securely in place now.

This is the reason for the back of the label section to be " indented " like it is, this forms the seal for the top. But where the top label is, there is a small separation like to sides of the old cases, and a flat screwdriver will work just like before.

Once a corner is cracked, I worked down one side about 3/4 of the way, then went to the other side.

I did leave the case flat, because once the air gets inside, the book will move. There is a clear film over the top of the book; not sure what purpose that serves.

I think some people might have bad time removing the book itself, because there is no inner pouch, and the book can be easily damaged on the sides of the case if not careful.

Sorry I didn't make a video, but I'm sure there will be lots showing up on YouTube soon enough.

Hope this helps everyone

This will ruin a lot of books to add signatures too..,