• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone need to make some Amazon.com purchases?

7 posts in this topic

I have over $300 in my Amazon gift certificate balance that I have nothing to spend on. I was planning on buying a PSP, but decided to wait until the price drops. I just want to get rid of my balance, so if anyone wants to make a purchase on Amazon, I will give them 5% off whatever the total is (including shipping).

They have some pretty decent prices on TPBs and graphic novels, so browse through and let me know. I can get it shipped straight to your house. Here are some sample prices:

Marvel Masterworks: Amazing Spider-Man #1 - $32.99

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - $10.17

It doesn't necessarily have to be TPBs or even a book. If you find anything on Amazon that you like, just send me a PM with what you want and I will send you a PM back. Thanks!

So, basically you will give me the $300 certificate if I give you $285?

I can't give you the gift certificate because it is already in my balance. Once a gift certificate has been applied to a balance, it cannot be transferred, nor can it be used to purchase more gift certificates. If there is something you want, I can order it for you and get it shipped directly to your house/wherever you want.

I can't give you the gift certificate because it is already in my balance. Once a gift certificate has been applied to a balance, it cannot be transferred, nor can it be used to purchase more gift certificates. If there is something you want, I can order it for you and get it shipped directly to your house/wherever you want.

Most states (including California specifically) have laws requiring gift certificates to be redeemable as cash upon request. Call Amazon and find out their policy on this and point out to them what I just told you.

Most states (including California specifically) have laws requiring gift certificates to be redeemable as cash upon request. Call Amazon and find out their policy on this and point out to them what I just told you.

I wish I could. This is in their fine print:

"Gift certificates are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned for a cash refund."

and

"Gift certificate cash value is 1/10 of one cent."

I know there are states that have special laws regarding gift certificates, but New Jersey is not one of them. Christo_pull_hair.gif You gotta love California where there is no expiration date on gift cards/certificates.