• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Astro Boy, Atom Ant

18 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Icculus308win said:

Thank-you so much :)

IMG_0088.JPG

Love these books, but are collectors really paying the kind of dollars that Overstreet has them valued at in his price guide?  ???

I assume they must be since he seems to keep bumping them up a bit every year.  (shrug)

29 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Most of these titles rebooted by DC-Hanna Barbera.

Yes, but they've been up there in prices for as far as I can remember, and well before all of the media reboot hype too place and became the primary driver in the comic book market.

Edited by lou_fine

23 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, but they've been up there in prices for as far as I can remember.

Gold Keys circa 1966-67 #1's found in 2 different collections of file copies, and much cheaper than 'common' SA Marvel or DC #1 from 1966.

8MyP3HH.jpg

15 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:
43 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, but they've been up there in prices for as far as I can remember.

Gold Keys circa 1966-67 #1's found in 2 different collections of file copies, and much cheaper than 'common' SA Marvel or DC #1 from 1966.

The Gold Key title that I really love from that time period is Total War / Mars Patrol as that is simply an outstanding series from my point of view and would do great as a TV show on one of these non-mainsteam networks.  :luhv:

Have never understood why this run is not really sought after by the collecting base?  ???

5 hours ago, Icculus308win said:

I've got some great deals with hg raws and set some of those Overstreet prices. 

Some others I'm proud of - my JQ one of my most prized books out of my entire slabbed collection :cloud9:

IMG_0089.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

There is no paper cover version of the Turok book.

Edited by pemart1966

6 hours ago, Icculus308win said:

I've got some great deals with hg raws and set some of those Overstreet prices. 

Some others I'm proud of - my JQ one of my most prized books out of my entire slabbed collection :cloud9:

IMG_0089.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

Those are awesome!  Have you ever seen a high grade March of Comics #285 (2nd app. of Astro Boy) before?  I'm not sure if you collect any of the March of Comics issues, but I've never seen a nice one for sale before (a 5.5 sold for $650 a couple years ago).   

I have never seen a March of Comics #285 before - $650  for a 5.5 - wow! I'm still trying to find a strict NM copy of issue #234. 

No clue why GK did have so many one shots. Wish they would have made  Jonny Quest more than one issue:(

Edited by Icculus308win

2 hours ago, Icculus308win said:

I have never seen a March of Comics #285 before - $650  for a 5.5 - wow! I'm still trying to find a strict NM copy of issue #234. 

No clue why GK did have so many one shots. Wish they would have made  Jonny Quest more than one issue:(

A lot of Gold Key books were tied in with TV shows.  I suspect that in some cases, by the time licences were obtained, artists/writers found etc etc the show itself had been cancelled hence one and done as far as the comic went.

In a lot of cases, the covers were outstanding but the interior art left a lot to be desired or the comic stories weren't as good as the TV show stories.