• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is there anyway to remove sticker residue on a comic?

10 posts in this topic

Is there a way to remove sticker residue off a comic? I bought a few Campbell comics at Half Price books for a quarter but they had the stupid clearance sticker on the cover. I carefully removed the sticker but there is a stick residue remaining.

You might do well to actually use another price tag that still has plenty of adhesive on it. It tends to attach to adhesive & pull that back off without damaging the book. I'm guessing it's because the like-adhesives from price stickers like to bond to itself more than to another substance, like the book itself.

At least that's been my experience. I'm no chemist, so I'm just guessing why it's worked for me in the past.

I believe some boardies have had luck with a product called "Naptha M". YMMV.

O/W known as Ronson Lighter Fluid.

I've used it successfully more often than not to remove Scotch Tape from spines. I'll squirt some around the edges, let it sit for a few minutes, then very gently use a razor to slide underneath the tape, squirt some more fluid in, wait, and venture further in with the blade, until the tape is removed.

The best thing is, lighter fluid leaves no trace of itself after it dries; no stains. Doesn't work for removal all the time, but often enough.