• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THREAD CLOSED: X-Men 7, 8 and 9; Spiderman 10

18 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I’m selling some Silver Age Marvels Today. I sold a couple of books here many years ago but otherwise haven’t been active. I did open up a kudos thread for myself today and a former buyer posted there. I have some valuable Silver Age books that I will be putting up in the coming weeks. For now I’m getting started with these 4 books, all CGC graded. They are:

X-Men #7 (8.0) $370. $335 shipped. Cream to off-white pages

X-Men #8 (8.0) $380. $355 shipped. Off-white to white pages

UPDATE : X-Men #9 (8.0) $375. Off-white pages. SOLD $370, shipped

UPDATE Spiderman #10 (6.0) $330 $315 shipped. White pages SOLD as part of an ASM #2-#10 deal

The prices are negotiable. Obviously first one to say “I’ll take it” or to come to a PM agreement gets the book.

I will accept check, money order or PayPal. You must add 3% for any PayPal payments. Personal checks must clear before I will ship out a book. I expect to ship within 24 hours after receipt of your payment.

UPDATE: I finally got a scanner up and running and I now have scans on the books at the bottom of the thread. X-Men #9 had already been sold and shipped so I could not provide a scan for that.

Thanks guys. Feel free to post in the thread or PM me with any questions. I look forward to doing business with you.

Tom Cooke

I should also mention that I have a serious physical disability and sometimes I might not return PM for 12-18 hours or so. I'm just letting you guys know so that if I don't PM you back right away you know it's likely related to my situation. Normally I would expect to return all PM within 4 hours during regular East Coast times.

Thanks guys,

Tom

Okay, so my scanning issues became that I needed to buy a brand-new scanner. It's arriving early next week. Thankfully the forum guys were able to help me understand the current scanner situation and recommend a couple of solutions to me. So if you were interested in any of these 4 books, I'm afraid I won't have scans up until the middle of next week at best. On the bright side I should then be able to scan easily and post images at the same time I post a sales thread. I had no idea things in scanning had changed so much and that neither of my current printer/scanners were going to be up to the job. So my apologies, guys. By next Wednesday I should be up and running.

Thanks,

Tom

EDIT: When I said "brand-new scanner" I actually meant refurbished scanner more appropriate for CGC slabs.

Well, Jerster inquired by PM wanting to see pictures of that X-Men #9 and he liked them enough to buy the book :-) Consequently I'm going to upload some pictures for the other 3 books until I get my scanner going this week. If the books are not sold by then I will put up scans for them.

First – also to practice uploading photos – here are the pictures of that X-Men #9, 8.0 that Jerster just bought. For each of these 4 books I have a complete shot of the front, a complete shot of the back, a top half of the front and a bottom half of the front.

2ibc4us.jpg

20hoftj.jpg

2eahzlw.jpg

dontk5.jpg

Again, these are photos from a camera and I am no lighting/photography expert. There is a good amount of glare in some of these photos that does not exist on the book. On the Spider-Man #10 photos the glare looks like water damage on the bottom half of the book. I'm almost certain that's not there. I'll take out the book and see. I have a physical disability so there's no one here to do that for me right now but I'll update that piece of information in a little bit. Feel free to PM me or post with any specific questions.

Thanks guys,

Tom