• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 River Comic Con - Pittsburgh, PA - May 21 and 22nd

7 posts in this topic

Looks I may be heading over and checking the Con out on Saturday - anyone else setting up or going? I was on the fence about setting up at the 1st year of this event and decided the $250 booth fee was a bit much with it being held at a mall. Hopefully a large batch of sellers will be there and I can pick up some new books.

I agree if it has a nice turn out but since its being held at a mall and a brand new Con in a City with 3 or 4 cons already I decided to go check it out as a buyer first and maybe set up next year. $250 is definitely no too much if its a good show.

John Totleben is going to be at this show this weekend. I've got a couple Swamp Thing books I'd love for him to do sketches on but am I correct there really is no way to get the CGC SS since CGC will not be set up there.

While it's at a mall, it's basically at a mostly-dead mall. So you won't be dealing with a super busy mall with people everywhere that are making it miserable for buyers to spend any real time at your booth or people bumping into you stuff. It's also got very easy parking access for a mall. Though I don't know how great it would be with load-in/load-out. Depends on where the actual set-up for the show ends up being within the mall.

Oops. Forgot about this. Was so busy over the weekend with projects around the house that I completely forgot about it.

Anyone go? Was it any good at all?

Just contacted one of the sellers and he said Saturday was very good but the nice weather made Sunday and snooze fest. Based on the sales numbers he sent me it sounds like sales were very good on Saturday. I helped out my face painting wife at a festival all weekend so I couldn't make it over myself.