• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Key Marvel Age issues

44 posts in this topic

What are the key issues of Marvel Age? I know with previews and stuff, some issues fetch a few bucks from those that consider them first appearances. I'm looking to unload what I have but I want to make sure I call out any keys for those that might be looking for them

Marvel%20Age%2097_zpsillkmtno.jpg

There are several issues, but even non keys sell well now.

Ive literally bought 100s of MA books the last couple of years for a $1 or less and sold them for $10-30 its one of the most profitable areas for me.

There are still several that aren't keys yet that will be. With this new breed of collector the 1st app has been turned on its ears.

One interesting tidbit I noticed while looking through my issues: the 1990 Preview mentioned the coming Star Wars: Dark Empire mini series.

I pulled a few to sell separately based on what Mile High is asking. I did pull an extra copy of the Infinity Gauntlet and Liefeld Sketchbook issues from a dollar box at a con last year.

Ive literally bought 100s of MA books the last couple of years for a $1 or less and sold them for $10-30 its one of the most profitable areas for me.

There are still several that aren't keys yet that will be. With this new breed of collector the 1st app has been turned on its ears.

Might be time to start pulling Marvel Vision issues as well.

Did you sell any issues other than 12, 25, 82, 97, 100, 138, or Annual 4 for over $10?

As for undiscovered keys, many currently popular characters (Gambit, Deadpool, Carnage) did not receive a Marvel Age push. I love the thought of the annuals becoming more sought after books, but they are easy to overlook.

Did you sell any issues other than 12, 25, 82, 97, 100, 138, or Annual 4 for over $10?

As for undiscovered keys, many currently popular characters (Gambit, Deadpool, Carnage) did not receive a Marvel Age push. I love the thought of the annuals becoming more sought after books, but they are easy to overlook.

I saw on Mile High's website that 100 was pricey. What's up with that? They also had 81 (first part of the Liefeld Sketchbook) and 10 (Star Wars cover) at a premium. And all of the later issues.

I saw on Mile High's website that 100 was pricey. What's up with that? They also had 81 (first part of the Liefeld Sketchbook) and 10 (Star Wars cover) at a premium. And all of the later issues.

100 went up because some people argued it was Sleepwalker's first appearance. This was about a year ago when flippers briefly cared about Sleepwalker. The price came crashing back down, but Mile High is keeping it at the April 2015 price.

The later issues have been very difficult for me to find in the wild, so I am assuming the print run was much lower.

19 - Spider-Man black costume

41 - Stan Lee

90 - Todd McFarlane/Jim Lee

91 - Thanos Quest Preview

98 - Toxic Avenger Preview

99 - Infinity Gauntlent/Black Panther Preview

102 - X-Force Preview

There are more issues that have potential.

I have sold dozens of copies of MA 12 in the last year or two.with I think my highest being $30 at one point for NM+ copy a year or two ago. I love the book I never pass on it for under $10 in high grade. I still think this book is undervalued compared to all the others because of what if offers instead of a glimpse it gives you sketches, designs and the thought process behind it.

MA 97 pulled $15-25 for quite a while unsure what it sells for today in NM.

MA 138 I struggle to find for some reason end of run I guess.

MA100 sells okay for me, but around $10 book in NM, but I struggle to find NM.

MA82 I have never sold just because I usually didn't buy this issue.

MA Annual 4 - I just started finding nice copies, but no sales yet.

MA 25 - I sold several copies for $8-15 when RR was hot.

Here's a better question. Which do people think have long-term potential. I'm getting rid of all my books except for Annual 4 (for now), since it has an original story. And maybe 97 and 82. Since the sketchbook is creative content, I may keep one of those in my collection and let the rest go.

19 - Spider-Man black costume

41 - Stan Lee

90 - Todd McFarlane/Jim Lee

91 - Thanos Quest Preview

98 - Toxic Avenger Preview

99 - Infinity Gauntlent/Black Panther Preview

102 - X-Force Preview

There are more issues that have potential.

38 - He-Man

128 - Deadpool Cable cover (horrible art though)