• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More whine with my cheese...why do I need to QC my own books?

1 post in this topic

So I collect graded comics from a series that Marvel launched in early 2015...and then relaunched again in late 2015 after Secret Wars. I've had to send in the vast majority of my volume 2 slabs for a reholder because CGC has consistently confused the volume 2 issues for volume 1 -- printing the wrong publication date on the label which causes problems in the registry if I don't get them corrected.

I just sent another batch of volume 2 issues. They were verified today and 3 out of 4 have the wrong publication date. The variants aren't properly identified either. Both the correct publication dates and variant identifiers were listed on my submission form, but I guess CGC just ignores that information and does their own thing. :facepalm:

Now I have to contact CGC and explain the errors and hope they actually correct them before the books get shipped back to me. I honestly can't remember the last time I submitted an invoice that didn't have a) label errors, b) accounting errors, c) service errors or d) all of the above. Taking the time to get things right the first time would save the company a lot of money on the backend and make for much happier customers.

rantrant