• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damaged case + book from C-Link

22 posts in this topic

Kind of happened to me last year, kinda. Bought a slab direct through paypal from an eBayer and it had a clink sticker on it. Had a 6" crack running at the top back neat the sticker. I was annoyed that the seller hadn't told me though he said he didn't notice. Cost me extra to send it to US for re-holdering and back :(

I received my order from ComicLink's April auction today and the case is cracked in the top right back cover of the book. I can see right above the crack that the book is crunched and it couldn't have been before or it certainly would not have received the grade it did. The micro chamber paper is also sticking out and it wasn't in the auction listing picture.

Does anyone know what ComicLink's policy is on situations like this? I'm very concerned because the price difference is huge on the grade it now appears to be. I'm definitely not comfortable re-selling the book because it would be very dishonest even if I mentioned the crack and the MC paper sticking out.

Had something similar happen to me with a book I bought over at Heritage a couple of years back (Tec 443 Rocky Mt pedigree). The scan of the slab was fine when I won the book. The packaging that it came in looked fine and the book was wrapped very securely with bubblewrap and padding. The only problem was the top of the slab was smashed. Not cracked mind you, but SMASHED. It was very evident that it was damaged prior to shipping and whomever packaged it up, didn't give a rat's what condition it was in. Mind you, this was VERY noticable. It should have been caught right there with me notified, but instead they shipped it to me anyway. I had a post about this at the time with several pics.

Luckily, when I returned the book back to HA and they got it reholdered, the grade came back the same. Then again, it wasn't a perfect book to begin with (CGC 9.2). If it was originally a 9.8, it definitely would not have come back in the same grade given the damage.