• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Half backs and mylites2

6 posts in this topic

Bought some Half backs rather than full backs then found that one was not good enough two was not good enough so three was the only number where it felt like a full back.

Now I am wondering because that's thicker than a full back if there is a double sized issue in there could the wrinkles in the Mylites2 at the bottom actually damage the comics?

They have a ripple effect you can see at the bottom so could they over time cause some damage or will Mylites2 against comics be perfectly fine??

I recommend you trim the boards on over-sized books. You never want the books in there too tight so that the books accordion, or even close to that.

You have to look at it on a case by case basis.

I have a paper cutter from Staples and it has been a great tool - I don't mess around with boards anymore, just trim to what I need.

61T1aardFNL._SL1500_.jpg

Or you could trim the book to fit.....

Right. Who was that? :think:

I have a paper cutter from Staples and it has been a great tool - I don't mess around with boards anymore, just trim to what I need.

Confucius say, man who write about trimming backings need to back himself by trimming back images of trimmers.