• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver, BC Comic Art Festival May 21-22/16 Lynn Johnston, Heshka

4 posts in this topic

Reminder that the annual 2 day Vancouver Comic Art festival is today running to Sunday May 22, 2016. Writer/artist Lynn Johnston of For Better or Worse will be delivering a 45 seminar May 21, 2016 in the afternoon. See our very own artist/painter Ryan Heshka, Pia Guerrera (Y, the Last Man), Camilla deRicco and other creative talent this weekend.

FREE admission :headbang: at Yaletown Roundhouse. Pay parking on the street else take skytrain to Yaletown and walk 2 blocks to Roundhouse Mews. More details here:

Van CAF special guests

Went there with my friends as they want to meet Lynn and have her sign their "For Better and For Worse" books. Then browse around tables, had good time seeing many great indie artists and creators.

A nice change something different from comic books. Wait ... I did see some comic books in there? :insane:

Saw 2 John Buscema Conan Dark Horse trade paperpacks that reprint Marvel comics at $5 each. Ryan Heshka was selling a new hand-cranked silk screen print of a splash page from his 2016 art book for a reasonable $40 each. Ltd edition of only 25.

Better lighting for the artist/painters/writers in the gym. Original Roundhouse Mews hall a bit dark but also full of independent press/anime talent from Seattle, WA, Victoria, BC and Vancouver area.

Pia Guerra did not have any Y, the Last Man OA pages for sale. I previously bought all her Star Trek/Romulan related sketches. I departed before the Lynn Johnston 45 minute seminar.

I bought 2 digital art prints as a gift for an 8 year old girl's birthday. Looks Disney Frozen related:

93nzhfyl.jpg

Got more crowded by high noon. Overall, I would recommend this FREE annual event.