• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Selling Preferences...what do you like?

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am just getting around to looking into the Ebay site preferences. I have previously not had my store set up to Offer Combined Payments and shipping. I have just sent them an invoice. Does anyone have suggestions on how they handle this? Have you ever made any rules?

The buyer requirements sounds like a cool idea too. So you can just block someone that has received a lot of negatives or that has not paid for items in the past. Does anyone have some setting for this that they like. Do many of you even have these turned on?

Thanks for any info. I looked around for some video on the subject but haven't had much luck.

Sounds like you're doing the right things ... keep tinkering with the settings. Most people here who sell on eBay use these settings and will be able to answer your specific questions, but you'll get more answers during weekdays than on Saturday. Most people have it set to block buyers with feedback under 0, etc. eBay has set restrictions so that you can't limit bidders as much as you used to.

For further questions, I recommend you use this site's message-board search function and find one of the already-existing eBay subject threads, and post in that. There has been an epidemic lately of people starting new eBay threads.

Thanks for the info...yeah, guess I should have done a quick search first. I'll see what I can dig up.

****EDIT**********

I have been looking with Googles Advances Search for just this site and on the search here. I still can't find anything that relates to setting up Ebay shipping preferences rules. If anyone has some info on it that they can share...please IM me. In the meantime...I guess I'll go back to google.

I did find a nice thread on the blocking bidder preferences though.

Hi,

I am just getting around to looking into the Ebay site preferences. I have previously not had my store set up to Offer Combined Payments and shipping. I have just sent them an invoice. Does anyone have suggestions on how they handle this? Have you ever made any rules?

The buyer requirements sounds like a cool idea too. So you can just block someone that has received a lot of negatives or that has not paid for items in the past. Does anyone have some setting for this that they like. Do many of you even have these turned on?

Thanks for any info. I looked around for some video on the subject but haven't had much luck.

Yes.

-slym