• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[eBay] MAD Magazine, In the Days of the Mob (Jack Kirby)

9 posts in this topic

PLEASE HELP ME SAVE MONEY FOR MY WEDDING IN NOVEMBER!

3RD ANNUAL MORE TRASH FROM MAD W/ TEXTBOOK CVRS NR

Item number: 6522922422

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6522922422&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Starting bid: US $9.99

Ends Apr-11-05 16:48:16 PDT

IN THE DAYS OF THE MOB #1 W/POSTER JACK KIRBY 1971 NR

Item number: 6522922426

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6522922426&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Ends Apr-11-05 16:48:19 PDT

MAD MAGAZINE #37 1958 VG/FINE NR

Item number: 6522922433

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6522922433&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Ends Apr-11-05 16:48:23 PDT

Depends on your grading scale. I'd call it VF. I put it though an online grader that I found on CPG, and it suggested NM. That's why VF/NM. I also tend to grade down.

8.0 , 8.5 , 9.0 , 9.2 , 9.4

Pick a grade that you are comfortable with and let me know if it is returnable if I disagree with the grade if I win it ... I don't want to pay for your happiness at the detriment of my happiness...

I didn't know that CPG did grading.

It's a program that one of the members created and have on their site. I don't have it bookmarked at home or I'd share it with you. I got it from thr CPG forums. It's pretty involved, but I think it's good.

Depends on your grading scale. I'd call it VF. I put it though an online grader that I found on CPG, and it suggested NM. That's why VF/NM. I also tend to grade down.

8.0 , 8.5 , 9.0 , 9.2 , 9.4

Pick a grade that you are comfortable with and let me know if it is returnable if I disagree with the grade if I win it ... I don't want to pay for your happiness at the detriment of my happiness...

If I'm pressed, I'd say 8.5. It could be better on a scale from someone who's done this more often and is better at it. I'm not a professional no do I profess to be very good at grading. I call them as I see them and this issue runs between a VF and NM. I know it's a very fine line (no pun intended), but that's the way it is. If you don't feel comfortable with it, then don't bid. I hate processing returns, even though I do offer them. The last time someone sent back some comics that they didn't feel were graded correctly, they stole 5 issues from the collection and I didn't catch it until after I had sold it again and had to replace the issues for the customer.

In short, I have a 100% positive feedback rating on both eBay ID's that I sell under. (frogger797 & bookbin2) You can check the feedback and see my history. If you still don't feel comfortable, then by all means don't place a bid.

Thanx!