• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odd Sightings

9 posts in this topic

Here is a clip from SELFIE, an actually funny show with an interesting twist: its three main stars were all also known for their sci-fi and/or comic book personas. Karen Gillan (Nebula - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY), John Cho (Andy Brooks - SLEEPY HOLLOW) and David Harewood (J'onn J'onnz - SUPERGIRL).

Can you add to the list? Not a single character (too easy) but a non sci-fi show or movie that had two or more character that were also sci-fi/superhero types.

How about anything by Joss Whedon?

Well, as I said,"a non sci-fi show or movie that had two or more character that were also sci-fi/superhero types". Which is why I used SELFIE as an example: as far from a sci-fi or superhero show as you can get but with three main actors who have also played sci-fi/comic book type roles. I think that leaves out most of Whedon's work.

John Cho (Andy Brooks - SLEEPY HOLLOW)

gPqF45Y.jpg

:whistle:

John Cho will ALWAYS be a guy that was in American Pie.

Also, Much Ado About Nothing by Joss would count.

Also, Air Force One has Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman (Fifth Element came out first). Many people only know Harrison Ford as Han and Gary Oldman only from Fifth Element or now as Comissioner Gordon (though to me he'll always be Rosencrantz).

How about anything by Joss Whedon?

Well, as I said,"a non sci-fi show or movie that had two or more character that were also sci-fi/superhero types". Which is why I used SELFIE as an example: as far from a sci-fi or superhero show as you can get but with three main actors who have also played sci-fi/comic book type roles. I think that leaves out most of Whedon's work.

Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespearean Comedy) or Cabin In the Woods (Horror) both are Whedon with all their usual actors and not Sci Fi/Fantasy.

John Cho (Andy Brooks - SLEEPY HOLLOW)

gPqF45Y.jpg

:whistle:

John Cho will ALWAYS be a guy that was in American Pie.

Also, Air Force One has Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman (Fifth Element came out first). Many people only know Harrison Ford as Han and Gary Oldman only from Fifth Element or now as Comissioner Gordon (though to me he'll always be Rosencrantz).

And Dracula as well for Oldman. He brought an interesting take to the character.

I thought selfie was great, but I'm not surprised it was canceled.

I thought selfie was great, but I'm not surprised it was canceled.

Yeah, I agree. I think a lot of people were just put off by without giving it a chance. It was a clever, modern twist on Pygmalion/My Fair Lady. Hulu just started airing the entire one season.