• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,421 posts in this topic

How is that Hillman western on the inside? I have really been intrigued by their covers lately, strong design & great coloring.

Probably better than it is on the outside. (Condition, that is.)

Likely a John Prentice cover. I agree -- great coloring. Not much of an investment to check them out -- it cost under $2.

Here's another (under $1.50). Good setup (snake), faces and window details.

westernfighters3.jpg

If I can find them, I'll let you know about the interiors.

Jack

Selegue,

Thanks for sharing a whole lot of westerns. (thumbs u

I was just checking on some Hopalong comics when I ran into an auction for #52. The comic is rebuilt by Pop Hollinger. Who is Pop Hollinger? The claims is Pop Hollinger ran a comic book store starting in 1939. He had stockpiled 200 copies of Roy Rogers #1. See the link below, it's quite a story.

http://reviews.ebay.com/1st-Comic-Collector-Dealer-POP-HOLLINGER?ugid=10000000000009986

Edited by frozentundraguy

How is that Hillman western on the inside? I have really been intrigued by their covers lately, strong design & great coloring.

Probably better than it is on the outside. (Condition, that is.)

Likely a John Prentice cover. I agree -- great coloring. Not much of an investment to check them out -- it cost under $2.

Here's another (under $1.50). Good setup (snake), faces and window details.

westernfighters3.jpg

If I can find them, I'll let you know about the interiors.

Jack

Terrific cover -- effective central scene but, as you note, the artist added interesting little details to the background. :applause:

What a lazy employee! rantrant

The Lone Ranger has to send the message himself since that telegraph operator is sleeping on the job!

I sure hope that the Ranger is as good of a shot left-handed as he is right-handed!
The LR can shoot the eyelash off a flea at 60 paces. Blindfolded. In a hurricane. With his left foot. :sumo:

Nice ones guys, esp. that Frontline Combat.

Here's another obscure one: Skypilot, that Fighting Missionary of the Far North! Say whhhaattt? Most stories are illustrated by Frank Bolle who does better than his average job (which I don't like much). Ziff-Davis tried a looooot of stuff during that period.

121652.jpg.51fea8c0cfd8edc61dc61e125c33aec8.jpg