• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,427 posts in this topic

More Kurtzman and EC goodness. :cloud9:

This stuff is good reading - they were quite subversive comics given the Korean War was ongoing. The Civil War issues are good too.

FC_05.jpg

FC_09.jpg

I picked up another the other day - now on its way across the Pacific. This title is one of my priorities for the year. Gotta love those short runs. (15 of these)

Where are all the Lone Rangers? :cry:

Don't make me post any more books like this one. :sumo:

With the purple and red on this cover, I am surprised no one of the CCCs (Color-Compulsive Collectors, that is) posted it before.

This is # 25 btw.

120853.jpg.fa77ada1d64be2f28d5bc627b3e71a5e.jpg

Scrooge,

We seem to be running out of Lone Rangers. Number 25 has quite a distinctive cover, with the purple background and the chief sharing the cover. (thumbs u

I do have a Hopalong or two to share. I always thought Hopalong was the best dressed of the cowboy characters with his distinctive black suit with a touch of grey.

HOPY_46.jpg

Scrooge,

We seem to be running out of Lone Rangers. Number 25 has quite a distinctive cover, with the purple background and the chief sharing the cover. (thumbs u

I do have a Hopalong or two to share. I always thought Hopalong was the best dressed of the cowboy characters with his distinctive black suit with a touch of grey.

HOPY_46.jpg

Hopalong managed to market his brand extensively - on all sorts of items that one wouldn't necessarily associate with cowboys. Interesting that most of these guys are unknown by younger generations.

The Gene Autry Museum in Los Angeles has a great section of 20th century cowboy star paraphernalia among other things - and worth the trip for anyone in the area.

We seem to be running out of Lone Rangers.

Well, I can sustain this a while longer ... but I don't want to be The Lone Lone Ranger Poster :insane:

# 29 with back cover this time -

Lonely Lone Rangers (Atomic Age, well loved)?

I think I can add a few. I hope I'm not repeating.

lr74.jpg

lr64.jpg

lr87.jpg

lr132.jpg

lr112.jpg

and a Mexican!

LoneRangermex279.jpg

Jack