• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,427 posts in this topic

Scrooge,

That's a nice copy of #1. (thumbs u

LASS_14.jpg

I've always liked the painted covers but haven't read any yet. Are they good reads?

If yes, I'll move them up higher on my looooong list of comics to buy/read.

Hmm, it might be best to show a sample or two.

I recall the story from #1 as being very good.

Splash page from #1.

DSCN0150.jpg

These book features all comics, with no ads, right through to the back cover.

The back cover of # 14

LASS_14B.jpg

I've always liked the painted covers but haven't read any yet. Are they good reads?

If yes, I'll move them up higher on my looooong list of comics to buy/read.

Hmm, it might be best to show a sample or two.

I recall the story from #1 as being very good.

Splash page from #1.

DSCN0150.jpg

These book features all comics, with no ads, right through to the back cover.

The back cover of # 14

LASS_14B.jpg

Thanks. (thumbs u

The internet...possibly the greatest advance in human communication...perfect for sharing pictures of Lassie comics...

I haven't seen that Red Heart Lassie before. I had to look it up in Overstreet to see that it was Lassie's first app. in a comic. :applause:

# 4, 5 and 6.

I have to keep on checking but at least to issue # 6, the issues of Lassie do not provide episodic stories à la Lone Ranger where he appears and moves on and has no history / background. The stories in the first 6 issues of Lassie are one long graphic novel following Lassie on her adventures with Rocky and Gerry across the Caribbean all the way down to Brazil. That is, issue 4 starts with the crew with the newly found pirates treasure on board their boat, treasure that they spent the entire 52 pages of issue 3 acquiring and so on and so forth. It's a rare book at that time period that did that. So you do not get 2 stories per issue and you do the standard Dell of the time but one continuous tapestry of Lassie adventures. I do not recall at which issue this stops but I'll let you know once I scan it :thumbsup:

My run starts to look better at issue 6 as you will notice below.

121792.jpg.09b6b72b4553020f2fda664e35468c4a.jpg

121793.jpg.3f938ec29851d8d1e1b5dff03626925b.jpg

121794.jpg.e692d8ec1d0df6d947833f67fe67f4e8.jpg

The kids in the series grow with the series. Hardly in their mid-teens when they first meet in the early issues, Rocky and Gerry shared their first kiss in circa issue # 3 or 4 and they get married in issue # 12 below, as young adults after Rocky comes back from college I believe (my scanning is outpacing my reading) -

# 10, 11 and 12 -

121968.jpg.63db505f3d5c75df897c68feff1dcc02.jpg

121969.jpg.05f05bfed5c226583795d574e99f480c.jpg

121970.jpg.21aee03df96d2f087fb9286e2588459f.jpg

Those are really fun and generally over-looked Caps! :applause:

The kids in the series grow with the series. Hardly in their mid-teens when they first meet in the early issues, Rocky and Gerry shared their first kiss in circa issue # 3 or 4 and they get married in issue # 12 below, as young adults after Rocky comes back from college I believe (my scanning is outpacing my reading) -

Keep em comig Scrooge, (thumbs u were suffering Lassie withdrawl. I only had three to post. :cry: