• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PLease grade my TOS 41

34 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'd really appreciate some feedback on this one. The scan that I saw before purchasing it did not have the recessed staple. Still, it might fit the grade the dealer provided. That is not a tear into the book from the top staple on the back cover like it looks like in the scan.

TOS41b.jpg

TOS41back.jpg

pj,

That's a pretty severely recessed staple - and it does look like it's causing some undue stressing at the back cover. That will be a problem in the long run. Nice book overall - I'd be pretty happy with it in my collection.

Saying that, I think that TS/BC issue is going to keep it out of a pure FN though, and I'll give it a 5.5 sumo.gif

Ok, well it's going back. The really odd thing about this deal is that I can't tell if I got the book I ordered. The thumbprint and nick in the bottom right are the same as in the sellers scan but the spine roll and staple pull were not reflected. It also took the seller a month to ship which had me suspicious even before receiving it.

Here is the scan the seller had up. Think it's the same book?

tos41.jpg

Man , what a bummer. foreheadslap.gif

Not the same book.

Just based on the bottom edge alone. There is artwork present in your scan that is not in his, let alone the spine problems.

Bummer man... and yes.. please pass along this sellers name.

Hope this has a happy ending.

Ze-

Man , what a bummer. foreheadslap.gif

Not the same book.

Just based on the bottom edge alone. There is artwork present in your scan that is not in his, let alone the spine problems.

Bummer man... and yes.. please pass along this sellers name.

Hope this has a happy ending.

Ze-

Look at the figerprint smudge above Iron Man's left arm, they are the exact same in both scans. Kinda hard to reproduce that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I would bet that it's the same book, with the top staple photoshopped in the seller's scan. BTW: Ze-man, I have no idea what you are seeing when you say the bottom edge it different. They look the same to me.

The smudge is a pickle..I will give you that.

But the platform that Iron Man is standing on.. in the sellers scan.. it has no white area underneath the platform. In pjthib's there is.Is that all miswrap showing in pj's scan?

From the way pjthib's is miswraped, and the sellers is not.

That outer edge miswrap is completely different then the sellers scan.

So I assume it is all been rubberstamped out..?

But why did he mess with the bottom (or visible miswrap)?

I dunno.. too many things do not add up.. aside from the smudge.

Either way, he was sold a book that was not as advertised.

Ze-

And upon extreme closeup , the sellers scan around the top staple is way to clean, and crisp and finite.

As opposed to directly above or below that area.

So yes.. I see now.. same book.. severely doctored scan.

What a tool... the sellers name is not a guy named after something you might find in your tool box is it?

makepoint.gif

It looks like the same book put the scan was doctored.

The same sun-shadow is right around that top staple area but the damage has been removed.

frown.gif

Is that all miswrap showing in pj's scan

It is a miswrap in my scan, and I believe in the sellers as well. I truly think the books may be the same. Could a mangled press job have created the staple pull and misaligned the book?

That would account for the other mystery in this purchase which is that the book came in a mylar which had a label on it marking the book as a 9.2. This book was offered as an 8.5 when I bought it.

I'm sure the seller will accept a return. I'm going to press them for an explanation as well but I don't think I'll get it.

Could a mangled press job have created the staple pull and misaligned the book?

Not in this case

The wear shown on the back cover around the staple pull makes it clear it was there all along.

And that the seller doctored the scan is a given.

Who was the seller?... if I were you I would more then a little upset with him. The guy deliberately pulled a fast one on you. Very shady.

Wish you would relate the sellers name so we can avoid him as well.

Why do I have the feeling we do not know all the details surrounding this comic?

Ze-

Sorry, I am not trying to give you the runaround. I have two reasons for holding it back. 1st the seller hasn't had a chance to defend themselved to me yet and 2nd, I don't want to get blackballed (which tells you something I suppose).

Why do I have the feeling we do not know all the details surrounding this comic?

My feelings exactly! frustrated.gif

Pete

Could a mangled press job have created the staple pull and misaligned the book?

Not in this case

The wear shown on the back cover around the staple pull makes it clear it was there all along.

And that the seller doctored the scan is a given.

Who was the seller?... if I were you I would more then a little upset with him. The guy deliberately pulled a fast one on you. Very shady.

Ze-

He's still gotta get the refund... gossip.gif

He's still gotta get the refund... gossip.gif

gossip.gif..All the more reason?

Put pressure on the seller to make things right. Or they take a chance of alienating those of us here who might buy from them in the future if things are not made right.

If we are to take the facts presented to us, the 2 scans do appear a wee bit damning.

Something does not add up here...to what degree I have no idea.

But from what pjthib relayed to me.. it is a seller who many of us have bought from before, and is well trusted. So even though it appears on the surface to be a type of a bait and switch. I cannot see this seller doing something like this.

So....I guess I will wait to hear the rest of the story

Good day..

Ze-