• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Could someone do me a little favour please?

22 posts in this topic

I know this is somewhat taboo, but could I please ask for someone to check GPA for a book?

Wings Comics 41 (CGC 4.0).

I'm not really a slab buyer, so using GPA isn't really my thing, but I'm interested in buying this and would like to know what it has gone for before. (Just in case!)

Thanks!

:eek:

Only sale was a $20 sale in 2009.

The Edgar Church CGC 9.2 copy went for $837

Not a very expensive book, I would think. OSPG would be your guide for lower grade copies.

Only sale was a $20 sale in 2009.

The Edgar Church CGC 9.2 copy went for $837

Not a very expensive book, I would think. OSPG would be your guide for lower grade copies.

Auction that I'm inrested in, is for a slabbed 4.0.

OSPG has it raw at approx $70US for VG(4.0)

As an alternative to asking people to violate their Terms of Service for GPA, you could check the Heritage archives and get a pretty good idea of at least some past auction prices and what the variation was over/under Overstreet.

I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks. :)

As an alternative to asking people to violate their Terms of Service for GPA, you could check the Heritage archives and get a pretty good idea of at least some past auction prices and what the variation was over/under Overstreet.

I doubt they are going to get upset over someone getting one book valued.

wuFvMJk.png

Thanks for that!

Precisely what I was after.

(thumbs u

Avagoodweekend!

One sale from 2009 is not necessarily indicative of what the book is worth though. After all, there is only one slabbed 4.0 copy on the census. Kinda hard to build a slabbed value history when there's only one copy. Roy's comment about Overstreet is valid as is Doohickey's comment about Heritage

As George has said, many, many times - there is no problem with a one off GPA price quote. It is basically a quick free trial, and may be just what is needed to push someone over the edge into subscribing. He has asked that accounts not be shared, and that the policy not be abused.

wuFvMJk.png

Thanks for that!

Precisely what I was after.

(thumbs u

Avagoodweekend!

One sale from 2009 is not necessarily indicative of what the book is worth though. After all, there is only one slabbed 4.0 copy on the census. Kinda hard to build a slabbed value history when there's only one copy. Roy's comment about Overstreet is valid as is Doohickey's comment about Heritage

agree... when I see data like that (and I buy lots of lower grade GA books where there's little data I decide two things.

1. I'm basicly paying for the cost of slabbing (if that)

2. There's not a big market for the midgrade or lower copies of this book and as a result there's a floor they all sit at.

So it makes me lean towards

a. considering a raw copy unless I want a high grade copy

b. if i really want a slab, waiting for one in the upper part of the grade range that all seems to be pricing about the same.

In this case I'd wait for a 5.0 to 7.0 hit the market if there was one to hit, or if I wanted to scratch the itch sooner I'd buy the best raw copy I could find and sub it myself.

As George has said, many, many times - there is no problem with a one off GPA price quote. It is basically a quick free trial, and may be just what is needed to push someone over the edge into subscribing. He has asked that accounts not be shared, and that the policy not be abused.

+1 Was about to post the same. George is cool with it. Helps sell the service.

Who said anything about anybody getting upset?

It goes by common sense: it’s just an occasional favor to someone which would probably not purchase a subscription at this point (and to look for a single book). So, as much as a violation it does not represent such a detrimental thing in the end…

More than "violation" I’d say "exception"… Which is allowed for some flexibility, unless we are talking of dishonest things.

It goes by common sense: it’s just an occasional favor to someone which would probably not purchase a subscription at this point (and to look for a single book). So, as much as a violation it does not represent such a detrimental thing in the end…

More than "violation" I’d say "exception"… Which is allowed for some flexibility, unless we are talking of dishonest things.

Your response does not correspond to my question.

Your response does not correspond to my question.

You mad bro? lol