• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Full Backs and Mylites?
1 1

42 posts in this topic

Well, I know you can really do stuff to make it work, but I wish it was just different.

Someone from the boards told me they cut them and allow them to bend easier, but its just a waste of effort. I wish it was changed for the better.

Comicsupply, I've heard a number of forumites talk about putting their primo books in 4mil archive holders after they've already put them in a mylite2 with a fullback. If I'm using the standard size m2s, what size m4 do I need to make a good fit?

overkill. you'd just be spending extra money that's not really necessary. there was also a thread recently about how books can be damaged if you do that.

As I showed Jeffreykli, JBud_73, divadrabnud, and Jimm94 last night, you CAN safely use Mylite2s/Fullbacks inside of the 4 mil Archives and wind up with a perfect fitting package. Just fold the mylite2 flap over right where the bag ends and the flap begins. As long as you aren't folding the actual bag part of the Mylites2 over itself, it works great.

To be honest, I would really have to disagree with the 2 mil into the 4 mil.

So, if you are doing that, that already shows me that you are a serious collector and you know how to handle your books. So, why do you really need that extra thickness if you know how to handle your comics?

The 2 mil isn't sized correctly and it has extra mylar at the top as does the 1 mil. Placing a board into that makes the top (where there is no board) bubble and it can curve your books. By placing them into a 4 mil, you cause them to be able to curve more over time.

Not if you fold just the flap portion over. You only get the bubble if you fold at a point that is too low and you fold the actual bag portion over itself.

To be honest, I would really have to disagree with the 2 mil into the 4 mil.

So, if you are doing that, that already shows me that you are a serious collector and you know how to handle your books. So, why do you really need that extra thickness if you know how to handle your comics?

The 2 mil isn't sized correctly and it has extra mylar at the top as does the 1 mil. Placing a board into that makes the top (where there is no board) bubble and it can curve your books. By placing them into a 4 mil, you cause them to be able to curve more over time.

Not if you fold just the flap portion over. You only get the bubble if you fold at a point that is too low and you fold the actual bag portion over itself.

Yep. To be honest I PREFER that little extra space so I CAN make a seam as described above. The Mylite 2's are great bags, but their tendency to "round" at the top got to me. One night I was bagging about 100 books and for some reason just did that "seal-a-meal" thing and went 893whatthe.gif.

So for me, from now on, it will be creased just above the end of the back. It really does lie flat.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

You just wanted a chance to show your Bats #52 again.

As would I

thumbsup2.gif

Hrmmmm.. TOS #52, Bats #52(which is a 52 pager). whats next?

Ze-

As would I

thumbsup2.gif

Ze-

I also bought two FF#52s recently. I still need an ASM#52. I had to send back a raw VF/NM that I bought recently because it was overgraded. gossip.gif

I hate to ask, but can you guys send pics of what your talking about? I am drawing quite the blank.

mylite.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

I find that when I fold the mylar a bit above the board, the board rises up above the bottom of the book. So I started folding the mylars right at the top edge of the fullbacks, and have never had any problems.

I find that when I fold the mylar a bit above the board, the board rises up above the bottom of the book. So I started folding the mylars right at the top edge of the fullbacks, and have never had any problems.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Never had that problem. Now I confess my "fold here" line is a bit higher than I normally fold it (just for clarity in the drawing).; The drawing was just a supplement to my "...I use SA/GA and fullbacks. I fold the flap of the mylar just passed that bit of extra. Then I just grab between thumb and forefinger and, applying pressure, slide from the middle to the right and then from the middle to the left (or vice versa)." posted earlier that CS inquiried after.

As would I

thumbsup2.gif

Ze-

I also bought two FF#52s recently. I still need an ASM#52. I had to send back a raw VF/NM that I bought recently because it was overgraded. gossip.gif

You could have had a nice CGC 9.2 Spidey #52, but you didn't want my book. poke2.gif Cheap [#@$%!!!].

As would I

thumbsup2.gif

Ze-

You could have had a nice CGC 9.2 Spidey #52, but you didn't want my book. poke2.gif Cheap [#@$%!!!].

popcorn.gifyay.gif

As would I

thumbsup2.gif

Ze-

I don't remember seeing that one on Saturday. confused.gif

As would I

thumbsup2.gif

Ze-

I offered it to you in a PM, but you passed. I then listed it on Comiclink, where it sold quickly. yay.gif

Too much vino! 27_laughing.gif

Tooo many Avengers poke2.gif

This is an older thread (glad I found it and thanks for all the scans!), but what sizes would be good for books from 1970+? Currently, I am leaning on getting Silver/Gold size Mylites2 + Silver/Gold Fullback, then a Big Golden Size Archive. Would that all fit ok?

This is an older thread (glad I found it and thanks for all the scans!), but what sizes would be good for books from 1970+? Currently, I am leaning on getting Silver/Gold size Mylites2 + Silver/Gold Fullback, then a Big Golden Size Archive. Would that all fit ok?

Silver/Gold Mylite2s will have a pretty good amount of extra space on the books post-1970. I'd use the Standard size plus Silver/Gold Mylars. But, I don't like my books to have too much extra space.