• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Expo August 5 - 7, 2016

31 posts in this topic

Yes, the core population base in the Vancouver and Lower Mainland is large enough to support a Fan Expo with close to 30,000 attendance for a 2.5 day con especially if you are selling tattoos, $1-2 comics, Pop toys, independent press art prints. Some back issue vendors actually do very well at Fan Expo but some just breakeven. Hit and miss if you are selling comic t-shirts, caps as attendance 'should' grow to 50,000 for a 3 day con due to population base. :wishluck:

Per Flatliner and other comic elite, sadly the Vanc Expo has now been officially cancelled:

http://www.vancouver-expo.com/

No competition against Fan Expo's 8' x 8' vendor's booths now. :wishluck:

Allan;

Looks like you are going to be busy gathering back up all of those flyers which you have been dropping off throughout the Lower Mainland. :P

I'm visiting Vancouver right now and just wondering if the core population is large enough to support a big show and make it worthwhile for dealers?

Vancouver has a large, wealthy population. Should be enough to support a good sized comic show. Sometimes I think the natural beauty and other distractions make pop culture and comic shows marginal.

Sample of other Pop Culture distractions in Vancouver outside of MONTHLY comicons, the weekly Sunday fleamarkets and bi-monthly antique and collectibles shows:

May 28, 2016 2nd(?) annual Vancouver Retro Gaming Expo, New Westminster

* Sat. July 9/16 writer Kurtis Wiebe (Rat Queens, Bounty #1 Dark Horse) store signing at Golden Age Collectables, Vancouver noon to 2 p.m. today.

Aug. 5-7, 2016 3rd(?) annual Anime Revo(lution) con, downtown Vancouver. This was supposed to be same weekend of cancelled Vanc Expo.

Aug. 19-21, 2016 5th (?) annual Anime Evolution, downtown Vancouver. Yes, another 3 day anime-manga con in SAME month as Anime Revolution.

Aug. 19-21, 2016 same weekend 2nd(?) annual Richmond Rampage BronyCan. See 40 year olds dressed up and singing My Little Pony theme at <3 con in Richmond, BC.

I'm visiting Vancouver right now and just wondering if the core population is large enough to support a big show and make it worthwhile for dealers?

Vancouver has a large, wealthy population. Should be enough to support a good sized comic show. Sometimes I think the natural beauty and other distractions make pop culture and comic shows marginal.

Only problem is that they are too busy collecting and flipping houses to spend any time on buying comic books. :gossip:

Where else can you see a house go up from $3.2 million dollars and then be flipped 5 times before being sold off for $7.6 million dollars, all within the span of 2 short years. :screwy:

Sample of other Pop Culture distractions in Vancouver outside of MONTHLY comicons, the weekly Sunday fleamarkets and bi-monthly antique and collectibles shows:

May 28, 2016 2nd(?) annual Vancouver Retro Gaming Expo, New Westminster

* Sat. July 9/16 writer Kurtis Wiebe (Rat Queens, Bounty #1 Dark Horse) store signing at Golden Age Collectables, Vancouver noon to 2 p.m. today.

Aug. 5-7, 2016 3rd(?) annual Anime Revo(lution) con, downtown Vancouver. This was supposed to be same weekend of cancelled Vanc Expo.

Aug. 19-21, 2016 5th (?) annual Anime Evolution, downtown Vancouver. Yes, another 3 day anime-manga con in SAME month as Anime Revolution.

Aug. 19-21, 2016 same weekend 2nd(?) annual Richmond Rampage BronyCan. See 40 year olds dressed up and singing My Little Pony theme at <3 con in Richmond, BC.

There's 2 Anime Con? Comic geeks better step up.

Only problem is that they are too busy collecting and flipping houses to spend any time on buying comic books. :gossip:

Where else can you see a house go up from $3.2 million dollars and then be flipped 5 times before being sold off for $7.6 million dollars, all within the span of 2 short years. :screwy:

Good point, speculating on Black Panther #1 pales to a 7 million dollar house flip.

beamer,

Actually, there was also a 5th annual anime art show at False Creekside community center Sat. July 16/16 that sold out about 80 x 6' vendor/artists tables. Nice waterfront location btwn 2 skytrain stations. Gym is hiking distance from Science World and Olympic Village stations. Pic here:

beamer,

Actually, there was also a 5th annual anime art show at False Creekside community center Sat. July 16/16 that sold out about 80 x 6' vendor/artists tables. Nice waterfront location btwn 2 skytrain stations. Gym is hiking distance from Science World and Olympic Village stations. Pic here:

Promotion must not have been great. I live right by there and had no idea.

Promotion done by UBC Anime Club with some support from Anime Revolution con. Just found out about this MiniComi by accident visiting Imperial Hobbies in Richmond. They did not seem to have any flyers in Burnaby (Taz or Metropolis) at all. Table layout near bottom of this link:

biggest Vanc Anime con u never heard of