• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Annual Comic Board Charity Event?

10 posts in this topic

Since joining this board, I have always been amazed of how strangers come together for a greater good. So on that Idea- seeing how great this board has been for charity, thought maybe we should do an annual charity forum thread where all the proceeds go to one charity of the boards vote? I just thought it could be pure and for the love of comics. Now I have not figured all this out, just thought of it and thought it could be fun and for a good cause that a majority believes in. Like 10 charitys voted on - top one or top 3 gets funds dispersed. I would not want to gather funds, any ideas how to set it up and give to charity as easily and securely as possible? Post your thoughts and ideas on any of this, just idea for something good and pure. Could do it soon or wait and do it around the holidays. thanks-d

Well was thinking starlight charity or pretty much any off charity watch to make sure proceeds actually go to charity. Just unsure how to collect and disperse- I do not want to personally gather and would like to do a pool that goes straight to the charity

I always put up links to find cheap but cool toys for Toys for Tots even giving away personal promo codes that I have been given.

Like when HasbroToyShop has a sale + 25% off and free shipping on Transformers or something like that.

I am a big fan of TfT...

A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine from HS passed away at the age of 40 from cancer, and the day after, I learned that a closer friend of mine, who was a first responder at the WTC, was taken to the hospital as he was acting strangely where they discovered that he has brain cancer that has spread to his spine. As he is a close friend we have been raising money for him privately on a legit Go Fund Me. Even with his FDNY insurance there are major bills and things that he would like to do with his kids.

But for the public... Sloan Kettering or any place like that is also worthy of any charity events.