• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men 120 with major crease

23 posts in this topic

I would appreciate any help with my X-Men 120. It is a nice copy that I bought at release. Somehow it developed a big crease. Any thoughts on grade or even what I should do with it.

Images below

Thank you. I have the corners (nice) available. I need to learn how to post images better.

You can definitely have that pressed. Probably will completely remove any sign of the bend. I can't see up close but it looks like its not color breaking which means the fibers haven't been overly disturbed and that its a perfect candidate for pressing. In my opinion the best pressing service is Hero Restoration (http://www.herorestoration.net/) and if you do the fast track its a couple of weeks turnaround time. I've never had a book slabbed by PGX but their pressing service is excellent and the turnaround time is decent. If you don't mind me asking how did that bend happen? Looks like it may have happened when putting it back in the sleeve???

This is a book that has never been opened. It was bagged in 1979 (without a backboard) and not unboxed until a month or so ago when I noticed how much Hulk 181 was selling for and decided to see exactly what I have. I would imagine it was positioned awkwardly and formed this pretty pronounced crease. It's a shame, the rest of the book is nice.

Ugh, after all that time too. It could've been through the spine which would've probably broken color so it definitely had potential to be much worse. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what pressing could do for that book if you've not had one pressed before. Let us know what you decide to do and if you do go the pressing route post the results!