• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Thor 337

4 posts in this topic

I was told my grading sucks hopefully someone here can give me a hand. Here is my Thor #337 I only have pictures so hopefully this is good enough. Also out of curiosity what does water damage do to the value of the book.

1164255C-F9C8-434A-9D05-6850AD6753F8.jpg

3DF2C798-96D9-453C-8894-F937DD8C0075.jpg

3.5-4.0

Water damage can range from a couple of drops to a big gnarly stain or two that affects a good part of the book. So in the former case, I knock off a point or two (on a 100-point scale), but in the latter case, it might make an entire grade or half-grade difference.

In this case are you talking about the brown spot in the middle of the back cover against the spine? To me, that's just one of the many problems affecting the book's grade. It's not so great as to be a dealbreaker between two grades or a purchase/no purchase decision. (Again, IMVHO.)

3.5-4.0

Water damage can range from a couple of drops to a big gnarly stain or two that affects a good part of the book. So in the former case, I knock off a point or two (on a 100-point scale), but in the latter case, it might make an entire grade or half-grade difference.

In this case are you talking about the brown spot in the middle of the back cover against the spine? To me, that's just one of the many problems affecting the book's grade. It's not so great as to be a dealbreaker between two grades or a purchase/no purchase decision. (Again, IMVHO.)

+1