• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has BUcky surpassed Red Skull in popularity?

6 posts in this topic

Bucky?

Or the Winter Soldier?

I don't think Bucky, per se, is more popular (i.e., folks aren't seeking out key Bucky comics) but the movies have legitimized The Winter Soldier as a genuine hero/anti-hero in way that even the stellar Captain America vol. 4 run did not.

Personally, I never differentiated between the two of them I used to think seeing Bucky on the cover of Cap 1 was a major distraction now with the arc of the character (yes WInter Soldier) I think it's pretty cool (and funny actually ) Winter SOldier really has come into his own thanks to the films

James Buchanan Barnes, as The Winter Soldier, is one of my favourite characters, both in comics and film.

Red Skull, just another super-villain to me. I prefer his much creepier-looking GA appearance, anyway.

Personally, I never differentiated between the two of them I used to think seeing Bucky on the cover of Cap 1 was a major distraction now with the arc of the character (yes WInter Soldier) I think it's pretty cool (and funny actually ) Winter SOldier really has come into his own thanks to the films

+1

The fact that the Winter Soldier has evolved into such a complex character over the years (and featured so prominently in the films) just makes Cap 1 that much more awesome of a book. :cloud9:

-J.