• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic shop orders advice required

59 posts in this topic

Hi

So I buy my comics on-line and the photo's below are what i got.

When i returned these I called the store and they said there was nothing wrong with them and these are what all comics are like and they explained please do not order from us again and put the phone down on me.

Now I want to know what condition do you get your comics in are the faults below acceptable?

I do not think so when i go to the LCS they are no where near as bad as this and are in new NM condition.

These are just not acceptable but what do you think?

Sorry for quality but this first one shows a thick 2cm crease on front cover had to have been some force to bend it like this.

pjdaqeR.jpg

0igAjbH.jpg

Here is the middle of the spine the whole spine is rough like this and here are two 1cm creases on the cover two heavy ones

W9vT3zQ.jpg

Here is the back of another comic

K31WsBQ.jpg

And same comic a long lengthy colour breaking crease.

PEtZt6d.jpg

Were they packed well? Could they have been damaged during shipping?

I wouldn't be too pleased with this book especially in the 2nd to last pic. The rest of the books would not put me in a tizzy though. I've bought modern books directly from LCS that exhibit a similar spine to the pic you provided.

There are plenty of other shops you can order from so my advice is to just move

on to another one. Sounds like this shop has a customer service problem.

Having said that I would not be expecting 9.8 books from any of these online comic

dealers unless they explicitly state that in the listing.

So a thick heavy 2 centimeter crease and several colour breaking heavy 1 centimeter creases are acceptable?

I was in my LCS yesterday and not one comic i could find had a 0.5 centimeter crease let alone 2 centimeter.

Photo really does not show how deep and heavy the crease is I got an old comic 20 years old had a better look to it by the way and the only way i could recreate the fault was by some force bending it.

The last two pics are not good but the other ones seem to be representative of new books. The spines on a lot of new books all look split with binding issues. The bottom crunch and the readers mini crease are what I'd be pissed about.

The last two pics are not good but the other ones seem to be representative of new books. The spines on a lot of new books all look split with binding issues. The bottom crunch and the readers mini crease are what I'd be pissed about.

+1

the back cover issues - reader crease and edge damage would bother me big time in modern books

i guess now you have to adjust your expectations when buying online or go into an LCS and choose the ones you want yourself.

I usually order my online books from Midtown. I've never had problems. On one occasion, the mailman bent the package in half, I e-mailed Midtown, and they sent me all new books. Maybe you should order from someone else. I wouldn't mind knowing who you ordered these books from.

I buy my books at a regular store. I can tell you there are books that have not been shelved fresh out of the delivery boxes that look like that. Last week I was looking through the Spider-Woman new issue and just about every book had wrinkles down the spine. Not sure if that was a packing issue or a production issue.

You are very unlikely to get anywhere with your complaint, sorry.

I don't think you are looking at this right.

It's because of the light colour of the first comic cover.

The full black back cover and most people are saying it's unacceptable bearing in mind the comic shop took it back and said it had nothing wrong with it.

The other cover is worse I just could not take an adequate photo to show how bad.

Honestly you have to bend a comic with some force to get a bend like that.

So if you have a solid black cover where it would show up best then several really long colour breaking creases are perfectly acceptable.

Making the comic look like it's in used condition.

If it is then I am giving up comic collecting because what is the point??

It's ok if you go into the store you can pick up an undamaged one but is someone sells it you on-line they can sit on it read it roll the spine and send it out calling it "New condition"??

What about a new car ok for a slight couple of dent's and scratches it still drives.

Painting with creases and color breaks no problem you can still look at it.

Vase with chips in it no problem you can still put flowers in?

Why should you not receive a "New" Comic when you buy it.

Having spent around $3,000 in the past month it's what i consider a lot of money and if I accept them all like that then what a complete waste of money.

If you are buying these to collect instead of read, I would look for a different place to buy books. The only books I order from online stores are ones I plan to read. If they come a little bent up, I usually don't mind because I bought them to read anyway.

If I'm buying books to actually collect, I buy from sellers on here. So if you want books to collect and not read, look around on the forums and buy from people you can trust. Don't buy books from online comic stores hoping for books worthy of being in your collection.

The problem is I can only do this on-line as can't get to the LCS and the one near has no big stock of anything.

But on-line should not mean it's ok to send used looking items and why should we be accepting this.

Don't have an ebay id don't buy from ebay just on-line shops.

I would happily pay for someone near a large comic shop just to go in and pick up my comics but the service is not available so only option is via on-line stores and they just send out ones with huge spine roll huge color breaks.

Below is a photo of what i can usually expect again nothing wrong with it!!!

8v6Dkyu.jpg