• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One Slab: Incredible Hulk 181 CGC Universal 6.0 White Pages - SOLD

9 posts in this topic

Greetings Boardies,

I recently purchased this beautiful book, but I'd like to go get some new tires and an alignment for my truck this weekend!

Payment via PayPal

Shipping via UPS Ground

I pulled the graders notes before I purchased it as I was curious how such a gorgeous book could be a 6.0. I learned it had a subscription crease, which is visible faintly on the back cover. Overall, I decided to pull the trigger since the wrap is near perfect, with White Pages. For me, I decided the subscription crease is kind of neat, like a bit of comic book history, as I wonder who received this book from Marvel in the mail back in 1974.

Graders Notes:

spine stress lines breaks color

large crease full center of back cover

subscription crease whole book breaks color

Price: $1280 Shipped

Please Note: I did sell this book yesterday on the bay for $1425, but the buyer was unable to complete the purchase via PayPal as he is brand new to PayPal and they would only allow him purchases up to $500. He requested I cancel the order, which I have done, and he confirmed, successfully.

Hulk%20181_zpsm0wno84h.jpg

You can see the crease in the red triangle at the top of the back cover going through the "s" in the word "this."

IMG_4053_zpsp3a8nuor.jpg

I like that the world has moved past the absolutes of "FN: with no subscription crease..." laid out in the same Overstreet Price Guides all those years ago that taught us GD:FN:MT ratio was 1:2:3. [used the '81 ed. for quote]

GLWTS.

Thank you Cheese and Phil! I love it honestly, but I will score major points with my wife if I am able to get the tires and alignment without touching savings. Wife Happy = Life Happy I've been told.