• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Sale - Cam Kennedy LIGHT & DARKNESS WAR #2, Page 2 Splash - Signed

1 post in this topic

Howdy!

I just received this piece on consignment and am offering it here! Shipping & insurance will be extra. Check or Money order preferred. You may pay by PayPal if you pay the fees I would incur. Thanks!

Email me at lawrenceshell @ comcast.net to reserve or with questions. First come, first served!

SEE LINKS TO ART AT BOTTOM OF PAGE.

$1499.95

Cam Kennedy LIGHT & DARKNESS WAR #2, Page 2 Splash - Signed

This is a beautiful full-color splash, the original artwork for Page 2 of THE LIGHT & DARKNESS WAR #2, penciled, inked and colored by CAM KENNEDY (Epic / Marvel / November, 1988).

The page is matted & framed, but the frame will be removed before mailing. The page is in excellent condition except for not being totally flat which is not unusual when dyes and watercolors are used. You can see that a bit in the pic. The original measures 11 1/2 x 17 in size and the color is still great. Page is inscribed at bottom: “To Bob – Can Kennedy.”

I'm not sure what media Cam used, but it looks like a mix of waterproof black ink, Doc Martin's, and opaque watercolor. He did everything except for the lettering.

The Light and Darkness War was a limited series, six-issue comic book written by Tom Veitch and illustrated by Cam Kennedy.

Lazarus Jones, a disabled Vietnam War veteran who lost his legs in combat during a helicopter explosion that killed four of his brothers-in-arms, suffers post-traumatic stress disorder and descends into alcohol and drug abuse. Years later, living a life bordering on despair, he wishes he had died with his friends.

After an emotional visit to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall with his wife Chris, he suffers a car accident that puts him in a coma, during which he is transported to another dimension where his friends are alive, serving as warriors in a never-ending battle against Lord Na and the forces of Outer Darkness.

REDUCED IMAGE

http://comicartconfidential.com//images/BSArt_Kennedy_LightDarknessWar2_Pg2.jpg

LARGER IMAGE

http://comicartconfidential.com//images/BSArt_Kennedy_LightDarknessWar2_Pg2BIG.jpg