• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Removing someone's tape job or leave it alone?

5 posts in this topic

http://imgur.com/gallery/xSPVP

I came across what I thought was a really good deal on this book recently, from a used bookstore. Realized it's a hardcover and meant to be read not collected so I went ahead and got it. Also gave up on finding one less than three figures.

Should I try to remove the tape someone else tried to fix the dust jacket with? You should be able to see three pieces, two on the binding side and one on the other. I took the store's sticker off already without issue but that was only on there for about a month, I have no idea how old the tape is. The inside cover doesn't have any, only the outside. Also, there is a slight bend to the book, should I try correcting this? Or is a book this thick too hard to correct something like that?

Also curious what grade would you give it? I was thinking fine or fine -? Luckily all the interior pages are unaffected.

Yeah that was me initial thought also. Wasn't sure if the tape would actually pull off printing from the dust cover, sometimes dust covers are strong enough to resist tape from pulling the printing off but sometimes it's just a guessing game.